Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to part this baby out!!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Mercur...cAAOSwOmBctI6t

$1,200 for a vehicle that was left in a swamp with the windows down. Wonder what the seats looked like before the amateur hour recover job. I'd rather have this:
    https://youngstown.craigslist.org/ct...864704538.html
    Not every day you see a conversion E van with the straight six and three pedals.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Conversion van with a 3 on the tree? Thats an odd beast. Thats pretty late for that setup. Didn't see a whole lot of column shift after the 70s.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I know! I really want it even though I have absolutely no purpose for it. I could stick it behind the garage...

I've only seen one other one and it was what you'd expect; a standard wheelbase cargo van, although it was an '87 straight 6 so I presume it had EFI. This one though, it's a conversion and a shorty. Surprised it's still available.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          $1,200 for a vehicle that was left in a swamp with the windows down. Wonder what the seats looked like before the amateur hour recover job. I'd rather have this:
          https://youngstown.craigslist.org/ct...864704538.html
          Not every day you see a conversion E van with the straight six and three pedals.
          But!! I need solid front fenders, solid trunk lid, front bumper, body moldings, hell I could strip this baby down in one afternoon at my buds garage on Long Island! $1,200.00 is well worth it!!

Comment

If the seats are as good as they look in the photos ...... As they say good leather is hard to find for a man, or something like that.
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Seats were recovered, material looks too loose. So they look good now but fast forward a few thousand miles and I bet they'd look pretty sad.

Toploader, then you'd have a Neapolitan box! Just buy another clean box, cheaper and easier than all of that mess.

Comment

Seats were recovered, material looks too loose. So they look good now but fast forward a few thousand miles and I bet they'd look pretty sad.

Toploader, then you'd have a Neapolitan box! Just buy another clean box, cheaper and easier than all of that mess.
                Derek, hard to find Tudor GM's let alone one with no cancer. I would hang the new fenders trunk lid and some small shit....then repaint the entire car.......my interior is MINT!

Comment

I know.. But, it's still easier to wait and search for one. If anything, I'd do just that and turn your current Tudor into a parts car, as you already have history on that and it sounds like she's served you well. I'm sure if your fenders are crispy, the rot extends way beyond those such as brake lines, fuel lines, floor pans, rocker panels ect ect. Even if you had to plunk $4,500-$5,500 on a new Tudor, that is still easier and faster than trying to find places to do the work you've described and turn it around in a reasonable amount of time.

Oooor, just live with the rot. Are you using Krown or Fluid Film on your car annually? If so, keep truckin'.

Comment

Derek the car was Z-Barted when new, and if not for that the car would have completely rotted out long ago, having been driven on NYC salt roads during the winter. The Q's are good, the front fenders have rot on the very tops, not the usual bottoms, I guess there must be a seam up there that the z-bart did not reach and as a result top of fender cancer. Trunk lid was also z-barted ...I can see the area where it reached, but the very bottom where the chrome attached is rusty.......I understand what you are saying, for now I will drive the car as is, after all I just purchased a NOS in the box wiper motor (single wire) that I have to put on as the old one is acting stupid on and off. NYC kills any vehicle that lives on its streets:-( I am glad the spring is here

Comment

Z-bart is atrocious, and like Krown or Fluid Film it is supposed to be done annually.. South Main Auto has a video which showcases why that stuff is awful. It traps moisture, which is why your car is still rotting away in the usual trap areas. It's a coating and none of them are better than something like Krown or Fluid Film. So your car may look solid but go ahead and start poking at key areas or scraping that stuff away and report back.. They make cars a bitch to work on too, as all that goop bonds fasteners and electrical plugs together cock solid. Where Z-bart shines is when it was applied when a vehicle was new and then that car either sat most of it's life or saw minimal exposure to the elements.

Comment

Z-bart is atrocious, and like Krown or Fluid Film it is supposed to be done annually.. South Main Auto has a video which showcases why that stuff is awful. It traps moisture, which is why your car is still rotting away in the usual trap areas. It's a coating and none of them are better than something like Krown or Fluid Film. So your car may look solid but go ahead and start poking at key areas or scraping that stuff away and report back.. They make cars a bitch to work on too, as all that goop bonds fasteners and electrical plugs together cock solid. Where Z-bart shines is when it was applied when a vehicle was new and then that car either sat most of it's life or saw minimal exposure to the elements.
                        The video was amazing, as was all of South Main Vids!!

Comment

Working...
                        X