Yo! New owner of a 04 GMQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo! New owner of a 04 GMQ

Hey everyone! I am a very new enthusiastic owner of a 2004 Grand Marquis. I've never worked on Ford Products in my life so i'm used to GM cars. I don't know a lot about this vehicle and could use advice on some of the small things wrong with it.

I hope to get to know you guys better and share in the future discussions! - J

Click image for larger version

Name:	0404191438_HDR (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	1304931
    Attached Files
    New Daily Driver: 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome!

Looks like a solid starting base, and you got a pretty good year for these cars.

FWIW, someone put on the earlier low offset Town Car wheels on it, which is why the wheels are poking out so much. Also, looks like someone stuck on another driver's side wiper arm on the passenger side since it's sticking over so far (or they're just been put on the wrong sides).
    Last edited by Kodachrome Wolf; 04-16-2019, 10:40 PM.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

The wiper arms were a bit odd but during the rains here the past few days hasn't caused any problems and seems to keep the windshield clear so i haven't thought about changing it. and the wheels are? That's pretty nice i thought it was a nice feature with the wheels poking out. Hopefully it doesn't mean it will cause issues.

From the papers they left in it it was a limo for a service in Kingsport, TN down the road from me so it had good documentation on it's upkeep. It's my daily driver after a Master Cylinder Change and all the brake lines bled stops great now and is safe so far so good
      New Daily Driver: 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome!
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
          X