Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bumper dent

Hi,

Besides the cost, which is not really a factor. Anyone know of a place that can remove a dent from a bumper?
    Purchased a set of no-holes bumpers and I believe Fedex dropped one on the other bumper block (the hard rubber part).
    Thinking pounded it out then get a place to see if will lead-it (leading, led bar tallow torch) and re-chrome.
    sigpic
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
    302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
    COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Do you have a re-chroming shop near you. Those shops could straighten out bumpers. I had it done many many years ago.

Comment

Looks like there are some. Need to make calls. Except for the dent、the chrome looks really nice on both pieces.
      sigpic
      302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")

Comment

Quote, $490 complete repair + redip
        sigpic

Comment

Wow. How much of the cost was the redip?

I have a small dent in my bumper after some jerk hit me while I was parked at my house overnight. $490 is like half the total cost of my car.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
            Wow. How much of the cost was the redip?

I have a small dent in my bumper after some jerk hit me while I was parked at my house overnight. $490 is like half the total cost of my car.
            How much is it worth to not see the dent and have a restored bumper?

My tudor was my first car out of HS for 5K and my wife calls it my mistress. One could say if not for purchasing the house myself and getting her a decent ring, I give preference to the other she.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigMikeIT View Post

My tudor was my first car out of HS for 5K and my wife calls it my mistress. One could say if not for purchasing the house myself and getting her a decent ring, I give preference to the other she.

You had better not give your car a female name. There might be some tension...

Comment

Originally posted by BigMikeIT View Post

Good point. My current CV was a "gift" to myself with the money I saved after a few months when I finally quit smoking years ago so it also has some sentimental value to me as well. There's some other things that need attention first before I get to fully fixing the bumper. Just was a little sticker shocked. (But I guess rechroming is expensive)

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

If you have a shop press you could press the dent out.

Comment

The prize I won with shipping or being bamboozled. This is leaving an impression on me about shipping.

Last edited by BigMikeIT; 04-20-2019, 07:23 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X