PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: Passenger Door Issues

Default Passenger Door Issues

Yo guys. I have a 2004 Grand Marquis LS that is having a issue with adjusting the mirrors and rolling the windows down. Both panels on driver and passenger side don't seem to work. Is there a way i can test and see if i just need new connections.

Sounds like a fuse or other power supply related issue to me.

So do any of the power windows work? With any switch? Front/rear/left/right?

Power locks working?

Here’s a link to your owner’s manual if you don’t have one: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo.../04grnog3e.pdf
    Looks like fuse 3 and 28 are worth checking out. Would be great to know if they are getting power if you have a test light or a volt meter.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

If the issue is intermittent with the windows, it could be the circuit breaker (fuse location 28 - yes, it's a circuit breaker, not a fuse) for the window circuit. If the mirrors don't move at all. Most likely the fuse. If they only move in one or some direction but not all directions, probably the switch.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    Sounds like a fuse or other power supply related issue to me.

So do any of the power windows work? With any switch? Front/rear/left/right?

Power locks working?

Here’s a link to your owner’s manual if you don’t have one: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo.../04grnog3e.pdf
    Looks like fuse 3 and 28 are worth checking out. Would be great to know if they are getting power if you have a test light or a volt meter.
    All the power windows work but the passenger front and mirror. All pods on other doors work as well as from main driver side pod.

The power locks even lock the passenger door which is confusing. I did test 28 and 3 the other day and both tested on the test light. I didn't run a voltage meter. Some other fuses didn't test like a extra audio one so i planned on getting assorted just so those would work out.

I'll check again tomorrow before i head to the shop and get a pack of fuses.

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

My guess would be a broken wire in the drivers door accordion.
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Too much stuff to list in my signature...
    Blue
    Gone! But Parts from it will live on in others!

From the fuse replacements i believe you may be right on that. I'll pop it off on Friday when i have the day off and look into it. I'd love to have all 4 windows down for summer driving and that passenger mirror properly adjusted! Once that small issue is corrected i'd love to tackle the fuel and temp guages not reading or lighting up with other aux functions
    New Daily Driver: 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------