Cold stalling solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold stalling solved

Hello I had posted a message about my 97 Marquis having a cold stall when put in gear. The problem was solved by putting in an O.E. Mass air flow sensor. The Duralast just wasn't right for the car. So always use O.E. equipment on critical components such as this. Thanks for the reponses.

Thanks for getting back to the forum with that. It helps out a lot in the future hearing back what cured an ailment.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

X2 on what 87gtVIC said.

Also why I hoard functional OE parts, I haven't had too many good experiences with aftermarket stuff.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by mgm6397 View Post
        Hello I had posted a message about my 97 Marquis having a cold stall when put in gear. The problem was solved by putting in an O.E. Mass air flow sensor. The Duralast just wasn't right for the car. So always use O.E. equipment on critical components such as this. Thanks for the responses.
        People don't realize that those aftermarket units flow completely different than the OEM. It will be good enough, but the computer will be compensating for it. It's always better for sensors like that to be OEM.

Comment

Good news and x4 on good sharing. This is good info for everyone. We are finding more and more sensors that just seem to work better when OEM.

Comment

The cheapest OEM (Motorcraft) Mass Airflow sensor I found was for $200!!!
            "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
            -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
            -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
            -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

how much is having your car run correctly worth to you ? I'm inherently cheap too but at some point you have to bend over and take it. Or visit a junkyard for a good used one. MAF sensors don't go bad that often.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X