Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Box folks - cross check me on these wheels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    Annnnnd massive disappointment. They’re on a 2 month back order.
    Bummer. There are other Magnum 500 looking wheels out there. I don't off hand know the price points though.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

These shipped are only $485 with a promo code. I’m inclined to wait, because that’s cheap as hell and I genuinely love these wheels...

Thinking 235/55/17 in front and 255/55/17 in the back.
      '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
      formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
        K head, I was thinking 245/45/ 17 for the front. Sound feasible?
        You'll have no clearance problems with those on the same backspace rim, although the ride will suffer a bit. Not sure what the smaller diameter will do for handling dynamics but you definitely won't have the rubbing problems i do.

Adam, i believe U.S. wheel offers a similar wheel through summit or jegs, might be worth a look, depending on the length of backorder.
        Last edited by knucklehead0202; 05-06-2019, 12:01 AM. Reason: forgot

Comment

I should have updated. These wheels showed up a couple weeks ago and look great right out of the box.
          I have not mounted tires on as I'm currently fighting an manifold install on the CVLX and the rear end on the LTD is making one hellacious groaning noise. Once those issues are tackled, I'll buy some tires and post pictures.
          '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
          formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Got tires?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Wow, I missed this by 3 mos. I have AMerican Racing Ansen A69 sprint wheels 17x7 with a 245/45R17 tire up front and 17x8 with a 255/45R17 out back; both with a 4.5" back spacing. No rubbing or any maladies with those wheels. They are riding on the lugs as the center bore is larger then the hubs. Wasn't a worry of mine as I figured the lopo wouldn't have enough steam to mess the wheel studs up. I will see if they (the rear studs) hold up after (or rather when) the engine swap.

Can't wait to see what those Mags look like on your box

Comment

Nope. Had to do the shift linkage repair and now gonna tackle the howl from the rear end. THEN tires.

Comment

Priorities...

Comment

Truthfully, the summer has gotten away from me. This would've been done months ago had I been paying better attention.

Comment

I had a similar problem with the stock '86 rear; it started making crunching noises (which I later discovered were the spider gears losing teeth). Ended up grabbing and rebuilding a '90 rear; which worked out as it sits 1" wider than the '86 rear. Had I more patience; and waited another year; I could have gotten a '94 rear with the disc brakes :-/

I hope you get yours fixed soon

Comment

I haven't even considered going with a disc rear-end. Is that sort of plug and play?

Comment

I ran out of time on mine & just put the drums back on....
                          BTW, anyone know of a good paint for drums?

Comment

Tires are going to be further delayed. The motor is coming out of my 2004 (manifold swap getting rather hairy) so I need to keep some money handy for that...

Planning 235/55/17 up front, 275/50/17 out back. I like stagger; anyone who's seen my Marauder can vouch for that. The 275s are barely available. Nittos are about $320/pair. Luckily, the 235/55 is pretty widely available and dirt-ass cheap, so that'll offset it. I'll be around $500 for rubber.

Comment

F it.

The 2004 won't likely be done for a month or more, so the money I had saved up for that repair is just sitting around. I got antsy today and finally ordered tires.

I sorta chumped out on the sizes, though. I knew I wanted 235/55/17 up front. I was actually thinking of getting ridiculous and doing 275/50/17 on the back, but I can't confirm that I've got room back there and didn't want to take a chance with a loaded wagon.

So it'll be running 235/55/17 Falken Ziex ZE950 up front and 255/55/17 Federal SS595 out back. $335 shipped to my door; figured that was pretty decent.

Comment

FINALLY got these suckers mounted after sitting on them for the better part of two months.

17x8 REV 109 Magnum
                                part number 109MB-7806500
                                5x114.3 bolt pattern, obviously
                                4.5" backspace

I got them here for $480 shipped; they've since jacked the price a bit.

I'm running 235/55/17 Falkens on the front, and 255/55/17 Federals on the back.

Comment

Working...
                                X