87 Mgm Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 Mgm Radio

Looking for the stock radio, whether in perfect shape or not I don’t really care as long as it works. Pm me with whatever you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want the radio with cassette? 4 button presets? I have a few of them.

Comment

A related question is which style connectors? 4 buttons exist with both the square type and the long narrow type.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If you don't find it somewhere else, pm me. I have many radios. Something might work for you.

Comment

Theyre long narrow connectors. Mine isnt a top end but isnt bottom trim either so Im guessing it had a 4 button radio but if the 6 button is plug and play Id get one.

Incoming pm.

Comment

it is, basically anything with that long narrow connector will swap. Mounting changed in 1990 I think
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Oh ok perfect thanks for the info.

Comment

Yeah... 90-97 are single din clip-in style while 79-89 are the bolt in single din in a din.5 hole.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

See Ive been looking all over ebay and cant find squat for the 87. Its all newer stuff. And if it does say it fits an 87 it has the clips that require the radio removal tool. I figured it was bolted in like the hvac panel. Cant find even one. I found a bunch on carpart.com but nobody answers when I email or call these places. But if someone here has one Id much rather support a fellow forum member.

Comment

Yours is a screw-in. It doesn't have to be a radio specific to an 87 GMQ, most Ford things from that era with the proper plugs will work. Just count the knobs on the front, the truck ones do not have a fader and will not work the rear speakers.

This is the later style, but with the proper mounting

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-AM-FM-...AAAOSwJnxcx69W

The 4 button ones with those connectors exist but they aren't real common. I actually have one but its my backup in case the JBL one in the Conti dies. Its not entirely proper for an 84, but it was the one that came to me with the car-side connectors that had been hacked out of my car so thats what went in. At this point I'm too unmotivated to change it.

Comment

Oh ok gotcha. I know Ive seen other ones like that from maybe a mustang or something. The mount with the screw holes didnt look like theyd fit but now that I have a picture to reference I think Ill be able to find one. Thank you a lot gadget!

Comment

Also, you CAN use the clip-in style... just need the Metra mounting kit...
                        https://www.amazon.com/Metra-99-5700.../dp/B000281X6A

The bottom bracket in that pic is the one to use. You do have to trim off all the mounting holes on the top and bottom edges for it to fit though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thats good to know, I actually bought that kit anticipating buying an aftermarket radio but decided against it because of how out of place they look. Im not an audiophile so I dont care too much about sound.

Comment

well if that kit lets you mount later radios, anything through the mid 90s in that package should work as long as the plugs look the same.

Comment

87 Mgm Radio

I messaged Mainemantom, just waiting for him to get all his radios together and take pics. In the meantime Ill look around but I havent been able to find any for a reasonable price for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X