No announcement yet.

Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The codes 41 and 91 could be injectors. If you've done everything else and still have the codes 41 and 91 then check the injectors. They may not be shooting fuel directly into the intake valve. This is caused by dirt in the injector causing the fuel to shoot sideways , only wetting the walls of the port. That will cause a lean fuel mixture on that bank. That happened to my 91 Crown Vic. It ran rough rough, pinged, etc. I ran codes and got the code for right bank lean. Took the injectors out, bench tested them by injecting fuel injection cleaner through a hose and powering injector with a 9 volt battery. Found two injectors with spray patterns shooting sideways.

Comment

The injectors are rebuilt motorcrafts, pretty much brand new and tested. My battery is nearing the end of its life so the po installed a cutoff so I have the battery unhooked when it sits. I havent been able to run through its drive cycles and havent checked codes since theyd be erroneous anyway but it seems to be running and driving perfectly. I appreciate the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X