Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from PA

Hey ya'll.
    Picking up a gem this weekend. 86 Crown coupe. Excellent condition. Garage kept. Oxford White Blue guts. Original to the window sticker.
    Already making a few plans. Wheels/tires, exhaust. Maybe some tint. Not much more. I always wanted a Crown Vic or Grand Coupe.
    When I get good pix of it, I'll post 'em up.
    All FORD All The Time

Welcome to the forum. You pick it up locally or travel out of state to get it?

Good Luck with it.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome!

We look forward to seeing the pics when you get it.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome!!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Nice. Would be good to see pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          sigpic
          1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
          302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
          COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

welcome!

where abouts in pa are you at?
            i'm near reading and pottstown.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Welcome! Is this your 1st Panther?
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Hey ya'll,
                  My first panther is now on display. Her name is Sherrie.
                  I got in to drive it home, flipped on the premium sound and Steve Perry was singing 'Oh Sherrie' on the radio.
                  https://flic.kr/p/2eAxWhh
                  https://flic.kr/p/2eAxWMq
                  https://flic.kr/p/25bH52c
                  https://flic.kr/p/25bH4sX
                  https://flic.kr/p/TE2EdU
                  https://flic.kr/p/2epjzEZ
                  All FORD All The Time

Comment

Nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

You even got the build sheet with her! Bonus points awarded. White with blue stripes and blue cloth interior rocks on boxes. There’s an ‘86 Grand Marquis semi local to me in that same shade. Simply stunning, even in its delapidated state.

Heard you have bumper rot- that’s a common wraparound bumper/big bumper car problem. Nobody cleans out the water or dirt or plant shit that gets caked up along the inner bumpers*, so then it rots from the inside out. You may be able to find replacements on Car-Part or on here. There is also the route of getting new ones made. Will cost $$$$. Like, at least $800 per bumper. Would depend on how far gone it is. But it’s decently parts and labor intensive, between having new pieces made, getting the faceplate chromed, fit & finish; etc.

*Takes only a few minutes with a shop vac or compressed air. But as I’m sure you’ve seen these cars tend to be very neglected!
                      '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                      '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                      '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Yessir. Very familiar with old car neglect and rot. fortunately this car only has a rotted bumper so far.
                        I'm a FORD guy and I have a few old cars. Since I'm a kid, I wanted a '85 or '86 GM or CV coupe.
                        Saw this one last fall and watched it.
                        Finally couldn't take it and went to get it only to find the owner was a FORD nut too.!
                        So I got a good car and I'm happy.
                        It's gonna get the treatment, and have a great life.
                        All FORD All The Time

Comment

That is a sharp Crown Vic. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

OK ya'll..
                            I've been through the car pretty deep.
                            Here's what I've found.
                            Climate control not cooling. A/C clutch not playing along. Ideas..secrets.??

Drivers caliper hung up a little on me. Disassemble, clean, all good.

Leak/drip right onto my left front pocket while driving..
                            Pulled trim/seal away from the body weld seam to find NOTHING wrong.
                            Apparently water is building up on the seal and finding its way along the a-pillar roof weld seam.
                            Cleaned everything and laid a small/not so small bead of clear aquarium sealer along the body seam.
                            pushed the seal back in place and smoothed it all out nicely leaving none to be a mess or no place for the damn water to soak my pocket again.
                            Back together. SWEET.
                            Looking for a trim piece for under the glove box. It LOOKS like something is missing there.
                            I'll post a picture of it soon.
                            I think I'm in love with this car....
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1285363
                            All FORD All The Time

Comment

If the AC clutch won't engage, see if it has any charge first. If it does, jump the low pressure switch and see if the pressures are normal. If they are, the low pressure switch is probably bad. I've had 2 of those fail on me, one an NOS Motorcraft that was dead on install, and another Motorcraft that packed up over the winter for unknown reasons. The generic from the parts store seems to be fine.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X