No announcement yet.

Hello from PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great. I'll check it out. That kinda was my plan after thread shopping on here. I'm pretty damn impressed with the amount of info on here. WOW..
    Thanks Mr. Gadget.
    All FORD All The Time

Comment

Thats what happens when you have bored weirdos with cars nobody else cares about.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Friend owns a transmission shop. She got the full Monty treatment. TV grommet looks good but is aging.
        I saw somewhere on here that you guys found a brass/bronze bushing to fit.
        How does a newbie get his hands on one of those puppies..?
        She's getting the cooling system flush and a new stat next week, then she's going to another friends exhaust shop.
        Cat back 2-1/4 with an X pipe and Stainless magnaflows for now.
        Eventually I'm going to remove the cats, air pump, and save them.
        How am I going to keep this computer from going apeshit..?
        By the way.
        I love this car.
        All FORD All The Time

Comment

TV Bushing and Jesus clip
          https://lmr.com/item/LRS-7303A/87-93...le-Bushing-Kit

Tech article about the issue and the fix and how to install
          http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00052.html

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Computer won’t care much about missing smog pump (you’ll get a code but doesn’t affect running), and it doesn’t care at all about missing cats. The SEFI cars smell pretty funky with no cats.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by clutch47 View Post
              Friend owns a transmission shop. She got the full Monty treatment. TV grommet looks good but is aging.
              I saw somewhere on here that you guys found a brass/bronze bushing to fit.
              How does a newbie get his hands on one of those puppies..?
              She's getting the cooling system flush and a new stat next week, then she's going to another friends exhaust shop.
              Cat back 2-1/4 with an X pipe and Stainless magnaflows for now.
              Eventually I'm going to remove the cats, air pump, and save them.
              How am I going to keep this computer from going apeshit..?
              By the way.
              I love this car.
              Search ebay for AOD TV bushing is one source where I got mine.
              Here's one link although there are plenty of options and possibly cheaper: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-AOD-tr...4AAMXQvJVRW5l4
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Thanks fellas. Ya'll are alright.

I'm really starting to love Sherrie... (That's my big girls name) 5375 lbs of FORD goodness.
                All FORD All The Time

Comment

I think you're about 1500 lb over curb weight there. That sounds like GVWR, which is curb + max load.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think I'm going to leave it alone. It runs so good, and is so original I might feel guilty. When this engine pukes, I'll probably go to a 351 based stroker of stupid unnecessary size. The thought of a factory looking 331 under pressure is VERY appealing too.
                    All FORD All The Time

Comment

the 302 HO with ported heads and intake is plenty of power for me.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

A friend has a set of AFR 165s with 3 passes on them. Deal of the century for me.
                        Soo... Might get them and toss them on the shelf for now.
                        Now comes the big decision.
                        Leave Sherrie alone or pinch her butt a little for more power.
                        Decisions Decisions
                        All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
                        X