Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PI Box and Aero on EBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Ford-C...781c%7Ciid%3A1

Look like nice cars with the complete package of accessories to go with. I am assuming this is for both cars. Need to invest in some P72 boxes and P71 Aeros.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

I love the 91. My all time favorite. The white 93-94 CV is kind of rare for CHP as they did not order many those years. Also very rare not to see a push bar unless it was an admin car. The white CV might been a Commercial Enforcement Unit.
    The laws on driving them on the street must have become very strict. Used to be if you covered up the markings, Took out the red spotlight lens, covered and made inop the lightbar, it could be driven on the road.
    I would love to have the 91 !! Even with 351 motor, it was a great comfortable car.
    Last edited by Mainemantom; 05-01-2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

91 has my pushbar I got off ebay. I haven't seen them used on anything other than the CHP box's
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Those pushbars were custom made at the CHP up fitting facility in Sacramento Ca. Model specific. Up until the late 90s they made them. Very heavy pushbars. I have one for either a CV box or a Dodge Diplomat. Don't remember which one they fit as I had both type of cars. It is still in Ca.
        The pads are also custom made. Those though can be found new once in a while.

Comment

Working...
        X