Air dam/ chin spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air dam/ chin spoiler

Has anyone ever installed a chin spoiler on there box panther i am looking at this. Its from a first gen lightning I photoshopped what do y’all think Click image for larger version

Name:	98C540C3-3AF9-490E-AA03-E7A4102B3F5F.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	707.6 KB
ID:	1304943Click image for larger version

Name:	DA4F8CFD-F489-4376-9F8B-BD1E9F8AD573.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	1304944
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Elias View Post
    Has anyone ever installed a chin spoiler on there box panther i am looking at this. Its from a first gen lightning I photoshopped what do y’all think [ATTACH=CONFIG]51981[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51982[/ATTACH]
    This is the one im looking at
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/F3TZ17626B-...oAAOSwzlRcpbiv

Comment

As cheap as it is, I’d say it’s worth ordering and giving it a shot. I picked one up at a scrap yard awhile back from a late-90’s GM P/U for my ‘85, but life happened and I never got serious about it.
      '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Front-air-dam
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Here's the Volvo sourced one I mentioned on FB. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-lower-valence

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Just saw the volvo and other link they look a bit weird i think ima try the 94 ford lightning one i posted it seam to look similar to the mgm front header panel with 4 light and center almost looks like the grill, almost like there perfectly matched. And it would give me the option to pick were i want to mount the fog lights.

Comment

You also have a different bumper from the older cars.... looking forward to how it goes.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I got a van spoiler on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                  I got a van spoiler on mine.

How did you add the picture like that and also what kind of van

Comment

Click on insert image icon then paste the URL of your image. The image needs to be hosted on a third party server like imgur.

As far as the spoiler goes it's for a Dodge van. Granted, I don't know how well it would fit on 88-91 because the bumper isn't as wide on them. I will be swapping to a newer nose soon and will come up with a new spoiler solution so stay tuned for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                      Click on insert image icon then paste the URL of your image. The image needs to be hosted on a third party server like imgur.

As far as the spoiler goes it's for a Dodge van. Granted, I don't know how well it would fit on 88-91 because the bumper isn't as wide on them. I will be swapping to a newer nose soon and will come up with a new spoiler solution so stay tuned for that.
                      Im curios which route your going for the chin spoiler any idea on on one your looking at or are you still not sure yet

Comment

Seems neat but i guess everyone else lives in places that roads and driveways don't totally suck. Even at stock height i'd be afraid to tear that thing right off around here. Never been huge on racy cosmetic enhancements anyway really but wonder if this would actually provide any aero benefit. Thoughts? I haven't lowered my car even a little because the roads here completely blow. As little as i drive the car, it would still make me crazy having to be so careful everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                          Seems neat but i guess everyone else lives in places that roads and driveways don't totally suck. Even at stock height i'd be afraid to tear that thing right off around here. Never been huge on racy cosmetic enhancements anyway really but wonder if this would actually provide any aero benefit. Thoughts? I haven't lowered my car even a little because the roads here completely blow. As little as i drive the car, it would still make me crazy having to be so careful everywhere.
                          Here in Dallas texas streets are pretty good but I wouldn’t lower it especially install a chin spoiler and lower it. Currently on my set up i went with the hd front springs so im maybe about a inch taller over stock. So I should be okay, the reason why i want to try it was so i can install some fog lights on it. It could get really bad dark at night especially when it’s raining hard.

Comment

I get it. Hardly drive at night anymore and it never rains here, so not really a concern. Someday i may live someplace these things would be a concern.

Comment

If you haven't seen it yet, I have a thread with a couple of ideas to consider:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ynamics-Anyone

My rubber air dam under the rad support definitely did something, though I can see why people would not want to bother. I haven't even had it on for a long time since it's not suitable for winter weather and I have some maintenance stuff that hasn't been getting done. I don't drive much anyway (I work at home), and I've been getting some benefit from the second idea, which is a slight rake. A downside with that is actually feeling the car is not level despite seat adjustments, but that doesn't really bother me. My sense was that any additional benefit from using both the air dam and rake together was nowhere near the magnitude of using either alone (similar to 'the law of diminishing returns'). I also have a vinyl piece to prevent drag from the rear bumper cover, but I have no idea if that would be in any way applicable to boxes.
                              Last edited by IPreferDIY; 05-06-2019, 12:50 PM.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                              mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Working...
                              X