PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air dam/ chin spoiler

Default Air dam/ chin spoiler

Has anyone ever installed a chin spoiler on there box panther i am looking at this. Its from a first gen lightning I photoshopped what do y’all think Click image for larger version. 

Name:	98C540C3-3AF9-490E-AA03-E7A4102B3F5F.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	707.6 KB 
ID:	51981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DA4F8CFD-F489-4376-9F8B-BD1E9F8AD573.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	51982
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 27F4C99D-1123-4B77-B086-C0F4AFAC791B.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    Has anyone ever installed a chin spoiler on there box panther i am looking at this. Its from a first gen lightning I photoshopped what do y’all think Click image for larger version. 

Name:	98C540C3-3AF9-490E-AA03-E7A4102B3F5F.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	707.6 KB 
ID:	51981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DA4F8CFD-F489-4376-9F8B-BD1E9F8AD573.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	51982
    This is the one im looking at
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/F3TZ17626B-...oAAOSwzlRcpbiv

351W & F.A.S.T equipped

As cheap as it is, Id say its worth ordering and giving it a shot. I picked one up at a scrap yard awhile back from a late-90s GM P/U for my 85, but life happened and I never got serious about it.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Here's the Volvo sourced one I mentioned on FB. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-lower-valence

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Just saw the volvo and other link they look a bit weird i think ima try the 94 ford lightning one i posted it seam to look similar to the mgm front header panel with 4 light and center almost looks like the grill, almost like there perfectly matched. And it would give me the option to pick were i want to mount the fog lights.

You also have a different bumper from the older cars.... looking forward to how it goes.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Hobbit

I got a van spoiler on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    I got a van spoiler on mine.

How did you add the picture like that and also what kind of van

Hobbit

Click on insert image icon then paste the URL of your image. The image needs to be hosted on a third party server like imgur.

As far as the spoiler goes it's for a Dodge van. Granted, I don't know how well it would fit on 88-91 because the bumper isn't as wide on them. I will be swapping to a newer nose soon and will come up with a new spoiler solution so stay tuned for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    Click on insert image icon then paste the URL of your image. The image needs to be hosted on a third party server like imgur.

As far as the spoiler goes it's for a Dodge van. Granted, I don't know how well it would fit on 88-91 because the bumper isn't as wide on them. I will be swapping to a newer nose soon and will come up with a new spoiler solution so stay tuned for that.
    Im curios which route your going for the chin spoiler any idea on on one your looking at or are you still not sure yet

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

Seems neat but i guess everyone else lives in places that roads and driveways don't totally suck. Even at stock height i'd be afraid to tear that thing right off around here. Never been huge on racy cosmetic enhancements anyway really but wonder if this would actually provide any aero benefit. Thoughts? I haven't lowered my car even a little because the roads here completely blow. As little as i drive the car, it would still make me crazy having to be so careful everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
    Seems neat but i guess everyone else lives in places that roads and driveways don't totally suck. Even at stock height i'd be afraid to tear that thing right off around here. Never been huge on racy cosmetic enhancements anyway really but wonder if this would actually provide any aero benefit. Thoughts? I haven't lowered my car even a little because the roads here completely blow. As little as i drive the car, it would still make me crazy having to be so careful everywhere.
    Here in Dallas texas streets are pretty good but I wouldn’t lower it especially install a chin spoiler and lower it. Currently on my set up i went with the hd front springs so im maybe about a inch taller over stock. So I should be okay, the reason why i want to try it was so i can install some fog lights on it. It could get really bad dark at night especially when it’s raining hard.

I get it. Hardly drive at night anymore and it never rains here, so not really a concern. Someday i may live someplace these things would be a concern.

No mean-spiritedness here. IPreferDIY's Avatar

If you haven't seen it yet, I have a thread with a couple of ideas to consider:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ynamics-Anyone

My rubber air dam under the rad support definitely did something, though I can see why people would not want to bother. I haven't even had it on for a long time since it's not suitable for winter weather and I have some maintenance stuff that hasn't been getting done. I don't drive much anyway (I work at home), and I've been getting some benefit from the second idea, which is a slight rake. A downside with that is actually feeling the car is not level despite seat adjustments, but that doesn't really bother me. My sense was that any additional benefit from using both the air dam and rake together was nowhere near the magnitude of using either alone (similar to 'the law of diminishing returns'). I also have a vinyl piece to prevent drag from the rear bumper cover, but I have no idea if that would be in any way applicable to boxes.
    Last edited by IPreferDIY; 05-06-2019 at 12:50 PM.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box "tuba" (in place of the "trumpet"), headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, NKL4 PCM (from a 2000 CVPI, nothing great there apart from highway cruising), KYB Gas-A-Just shocks (after >202,000 km on originals)

So i pulled the trigger I bought it from summit Racing Equipment only cost me $12 i had $20 summit book goona pick it up tomorrow lets see how it will turn out. I was going to get it delivered but they wanted like 30 more so never mind its only about 30 minute away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1F50C8B1-ECEF-482A-8903-D2B0F3941B1E.jpeg  

Neat! Be interesting to see how this comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
    Neat! Be interesting to see how this comes out.
    Ditto that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Ditto that.
    So I picked it up its a bit long about 2 on each side so ima have to cut it up and heat and remold the ends a little but i think its going to look good just a few pick of how it will
    LookClick image for larger version. 

Name:	C47665B1-D444-4787-8826-D99A83B03EAC.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	52005Click image for larger version. 

Name:	508EDAE2-53C9-4B42-842E-FB799267E131.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	52006Click image for larger version. 

Name:	508EDAE2-53C9-4B42-842E-FB799267E131.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	52006

Yeah... looks like about 3-4 inches out of the center and then put it back together (fiberglass, bondo, zipties, flex seal....)... smooth and paint and you'll be set.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast