No announcement yet.

Air dam/ chin spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i pulled the trigger I bought it from summit Racing Equipment only cost me $12 i had $20 summit book goona pick it up tomorrow lets see how it will turn out. I was going to get it delivered but they wanted like 30 more so never mind its only about 30 minute away.
    Attached Files

Comment

Neat! Be interesting to see how this comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
        Neat! Be interesting to see how this comes out.
        Ditto that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          Ditto that.
          So I picked it up its a bit long about 2” on each side so ima have to cut it up and heat and remold the ends a little but i think its going to look good just a few pick of how it will
          LookClick image for larger version

Name:	C47665B1-D444-4787-8826-D99A83B03EAC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	1285366Click image for larger version

Name:	508EDAE2-53C9-4B42-842E-FB799267E131.jpeg
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	1285367Click image for larger version

Name:	508EDAE2-53C9-4B42-842E-FB799267E131.jpeg
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	1285367

Comment

Yeah... looks like about 3-4 inches out of the center and then put it back together (fiberglass, bondo, zipties, flex seal....)... smooth and paint and you'll be set.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looks cool, are you going to put fog lights or leds in those holes? If so, be careful. I once had a buddy install 4 fog lights under the bumper on my '88. Got pulled over by a cop and given a verbal warning because apparently in the state of Ohio it's only legal to have 5 white lights on the front of your car. It looked like an airplane was landing behind you! And I could kind of drive without headlights in the dark. A steep driveway/entrance/exit smacked them and took out one. So I was then legal for awhile.
              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Flex seal ftw!

Comment

hey thanks for reminding me of that... ive made some progress on it. I got it fiberglassed, sanded a bit, and its one color now. so heres my version.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by marquis_82_withneons; 05-08-2019, 09:39 PM.
                  Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                  Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                  Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                    Looks cool, are you going to put fog lights or leds in those holes? If so, be careful. I once had a buddy install 4 fog lights under the bumper on my '88. Got pulled over by a cop and given a verbal warning because apparently in the state of Ohio it's only legal to have 5 white lights on the front of your car. It looked like an airplane was landing behind you! And I could kind of drive without headlights in the dark. A steep driveway/entrance/exit smacked them and took out one. So I was then legal for awhile.
                    Yeah i will be installing one set of fog lights not sure on which set of fog lights i will be using yet. I was thinking of using the lightning fog lights but after looking at it more not sure if i want the fog light in the inner light slots I’ll probably use the outer ones not sure just yet. Which do yall think will look better inner or outer
                    Whichever one i dont use ima try and some how connect one or both to my air box and make it a real cold air. Kind of how the new chargers and challenges use the fake inner lights for air flow
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	0D5A2AFB-118C-4FAA-8F20-35F7271FC9B1.jpeg
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1285375

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
                    hey thanks for reminding me of that... ive made some progress on it. I got it fiberglassed, sanded a bit, and its one color now. so heres my version.
                    That looks pretty good which chin spoiler is that
                    Last edited by Elias; 05-08-2019, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I've actually considered a Lightning lip in the past and ultimately came to a conclusion that it will be too wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post
                        That looks pretty good which chin spoiler is that
                        It's the Volvo one that was mentioned. It's from the 80s Volvo 740. A friend of mine gave it to me. I liked the boxiness of it and it fit the contour of the bumper really well, just a bit narrow was all. so I did some fiberglass work and widened it. Far from done but it fits the general image I had in my mind.
                        Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                        Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                        Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Working...
                        X