door speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

door speakers

I just removed the door panel on my two door vic and noticed that there is a spot for a speaker, I also noticed that there were a bunch of connectors with nothing plugged into it, im guessing its for power locks, door panel light, and possibly the speakers, my car wasnt equipped with these options only electric windows. Basically my question is can i get door speakers from another panther and use it on my car?

Thanks for the help

What color interior do you have? I have many sets of the factory grates that fit in the punch out of your door panels. I have speakers too, but would need to see the plug to match. WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Burgundy interior, Also what other parts do you have?

Comment

The speaker harnesses might indeed be there. I believe they were on my '85, which just had the dash and rear package tray speakers. I also had a harness for the puddle lamps but they weren't connected under the dash, had to run power to them but they worked. Not sure if two doors were different.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The speaker harness was in the doors on my 88 that only had dash speakers, but was not connected to the main harness in any form so no signal went there. That's why I had to move the wires from on top of the dash down to the doors when I changed things around.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X