Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior Paint Options (blue)

Hello all,

For years I've tried multiple paints to try and match the dark blue in my 1991 LTD Crown Vic. The closest I have found is SEM 'Shadow Blue'. However its not quite dark enough. The dark blue interiors in these Fords are a really dark shade. Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone else has had any luck matching the interior colors better then I have, specifically the blue. Also if anyone has the interior code for the blue interior I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for any input.

I like the way it matches on my '89. Pretty sure this is SEM Dark Shadow Blue

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Yes it’s kinda close. In this picture the seat bottom is painted with SEM dark shadow blue (Seat bottom was re-upholstered) But as you can see, it’s alot lighter then the factory seat backrest, especially in the sun. Do you happen to have the interior color code? I may attempt to have it matched but I’m sure I’ll run into the same problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8B6D49DF-42D1-47C8-989F-6288F2DE62E0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	1285359
      Last edited by Hill185; 05-07-2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Color code from the door sticker, or the window sticker?
        Maybe it's got something to do with what's under it, black undercoating.
        Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by BlackVic_P71; 05-07-2019, 11:23 AM.

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

I believe its on the driver's door sticker... mine is faded and cant read it. thanks

Comment

I located this Ford color code chart. Another color I suppose it could be is dark regatta blue...

Name:	49352462-A0E9-4227-8E13-702E6CC30268.jpeg
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	1285360

Comment

Yeah, my window sticker says "Shadow Blue" for the seats.

Name:	Window Sticker.JPG
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	1285362

Comment

Thanks for the info, awesome that you have the window sticker! I guess nothing is ever an exact match

Comment

Have you thought about taking a plastic piece (glove box door) into a auto paint store ? Have them match the color. I have the dark blue interior in my 90. I may have the color code on the door. I can check if you need it. The car is almost ready to put back on the road after being put to bed for the winter.
                  Is there a specific part you are looking for in blue ?

Comment

Working...
                  X