Charcoal canister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charcoal canister

Can I disconnect the hose coming from the gas tank to the charcoal canister and hook it directly to the manifold line will that do any harm . when I do this car idles much better just worried if it will suck up more gas fumes than normal

I ain't no student in ancient culture, before I talk I should read a book. But. There's one thing that I do know.. There are a lot of ancient ruins in Mesopotamia.. Oh no wait, I meant to say that seems to suggest you've got a vacuum leak somewhere, but I'm not an expert.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Ha ha Theres also a lot of ancient vacuum leaks in
      Mesopotamia

Comment

Don't. The canister also serves to store fumes while the engine isn't running. I think it also serves to make sure you don't get full manifold vacuum in the tank, which could cause it to collapse. I believe it has venting for this.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ok ill put it back with new hoses dont want it to collapse on me

thanks for info

Comment

Working...
          X