speedo cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speedo cable

speedo only works when its cold, once it gets hot (weather, and car) the speedo wont read and stays at zero,i lubed the cable with white lithium grease and it worked fine until the weather got hotter, there are also spots on the speedo cable housing where it looks like it has touched the exhaust, I ordered a new cable assembly in hopes of resolving this, what are your opinions on this. im going to keep the new cable far away from the exhaust and maybe trying different lube. thanks for any help!

You may also need a new speedo cable gear. Because it's plastic and if the cable is binding, the gear is grinding.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I forgot the colour of the gear (ill see when i take it apart again) but where can i buy the speedo gear anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by 1985crownvicltd85 View Post
        I forgot the colour of the gear (ill see when i take it apart again) but where can i buy the speedo gear anyways?
        Anyplace that sells mustang parts. Summit, LMR, American Muscle, cjponyparts...
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
        X