85 LTC 9k miles $4k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 LTC 9k miles $4k

This thing is absolutely remarkable for a michigan car. and not really that absurdly priced...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...20885884912836

The price isnt bad for say you and I but to the average person its a 34 year old car that has no value like a similar year fox body for example. Id snatch it up myself though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice car and really nice shape... but that’s not 9k. It’s a very well kept 109k. Look close at the driver’s seat. Also no underhood pictures.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Never realized they had a temperature gauge in the analog cluster. I guess maybe Lincoln owners were owed the privilege of knowing the engine was getting warm before it went nuclear and the “engine meltdown in 10... 9... 8...” light came on for us Ford/Merc owners.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

It was the only instrument we got. No oil pressure or volt gauge. Digital dash got just a complex functional equivalent to the "its dead" light.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yep, that's a very well kept 109k. Eh, if I'm going CFI, I'd want the oversized shin banger bumpers and pointier filler extensions. If doing that style you might as well go '88 or '89. Price is very reasonable though.

So gadget, please explain this complex functional equivalent of the "it's dead" light. I've never seen a digi dash car functioning in the wild.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
              Never realized they had a temperature gauge in the analog cluster. I guess maybe Lincoln owners were owed the privilege of knowing the engine was getting warm before it went nuclear and the “engine meltdown in 10... 9... 8...” light came on for us Ford/Merc owners.
              Looks like it's about the size of the red "engine" light on the CV dash. I wonder if you could cut out the existing CV light, put the gauge from the Town Car in and swap in the sending unit from the Town Car. Might need to re-run the wires from the dash to the temp sensor sending unit but might actually look okay.

Edit:
              Terrible crop & paste of idea but I think I like it:
              Last edited by slack; 05-13-2019, 08:35 AM.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
                Looks like it's about the size of the red "engine" light on the CV dash. I wonder if you could cut out the existing CV light, put the gauge from the Town Car in and swap in the sending unit from the Town Car. Might need to re-run the wires from the dash to the temp sensor sending unit but might actually look okay.

Edit:
                Terrible crop & paste of idea but I think I like it:
                IIRC, that light can be tripped by the temp sensor or the oil pressure switch. As long is you find where the feed from those two sensors ties together and separate them, a more useful temp gauge could work. A separate oil pressure gauge (or idiot light if you must) would be recommended.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Ah, good point. I forgot that light also was for temp / oil. I've had mine tied to separate gauges and that light hooked up to the emissions "check engine" light for so long I forgot.

Looks like it would need a little more reorganization of lights to be a good idea. (Make Seat belts Brake and move Engine to Brake or something...)

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Just look at this POS for nearly 5k. https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto...885859576.html
                    What a deal..
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                    X