shift indicator cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shift indicator cable

how do i remove the cable for the gear selector on the cluster without breaking it on an 85 crown vic, thanks for the help

pull the shrouds off the column. Once inside you'll see the cable come up and hook the small side arm on the shifter. Use a pick or long, skinny screwdriver to lift the loop off the shifter arm. The collar has a single screw. Remove it and hope for the best when you pull it off the column. There is a more than fair chance the plastic is going to crack. Most of the time you can use a zip tie to clamp it back together.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thanks for the help!

Comment

Heat the plastic collar up with a heat gun before attempting to stretch it over the tube.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
          X