ADTR adjustable trailing arms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADTR adjustable trailing arms!

Does anyone follow ADTR on social media? He just posted the other day about prototyping some phenomenal trailing arms for 79-97. Even factoring in provisions for the sway bar mounting locations on boxes. I'm pretty psyched to see this happening!
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

I am glad someone is still making aftermarket parts for these cars.

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
      Does anyone follow ADTR on social media? He just posted the other day about prototyping some phenomenal trailing arms for 79-97. Even factoring in provisions for the sway bar mounting locations on boxes. I'm pretty psyched to see this happening!
      Yeah I posted about it in February or March i convenient him to do it. My car will be the test car once prototype is done
      After that is completed i will be sending him my smaller rear sway bar and my 1” rear bar so he can somehow duplicate it. That why we won’t have to look for parts that are becoming harder and harder to find.
      http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...6189-My-88-mgm
      Last edited by Elias; 05-13-2019, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Sweet! I'll be up for a set for sure! Just in time for the axle swap.
        Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
        Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
        Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Neato! I actually have a set of custom-made adjustable upper control arms i haven't installed, as well as boxing plates i also haven't installed, lol. Also lucky enough to score good sway bars but i may not be so lucky with my future panthers so it'll be cool if adtr starts making all this crap. Be really cool if they did up a big-brake kit so we can get all the junk in one place but that may be getting greedy.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
            Neato! I actually have a set of custom-made adjustable upper control arms i haven't installed, as well as boxing plates i also haven't installed, lol. Also lucky enough to score good sway bars but i may not be so lucky with my future panthers so it'll be cool if adtr starts making all this crap. Be really cool if they did up a big-brake kit so we can get all the junk in one place but that may be getting greedy.
            I can see the kit becoming a thing since the big brakes can be had by swapping around newer factory goods. But the thing is gonna have a big sticker price I'm sure for him to track down parts and kit them up. The dudes quality is phenomenal, biggest drawback for most is "why would I spend that on this car..." but alas... most could care less, probably why parts are few and far between.

Either way. I'm looking forward to having a real nice setup under the back of my merc and these will fit the bill nicely.

Comment

Here's a pic direct from adtr's Facebook page where he posted about them. Looking beefy, I'm all about the thickness...

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1557789899388.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	1285386

Comment

Someone care to explain the benefits of these? I obviously see that that will be more ridged, but what other purpose do they serve. What does the adjustment give you? Curious.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Supposedly Pinion angle (im no expert) also it will have polly bushing so I assume more stiffness should help to keep the back planted during hard cornering

Comment

Provide less axle rotation on acceleration from the stiffness as well to provide the proper pinion angle throughout the power band and get more torque to the wheels for burnouts.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

the problem with stiffer arms is that the suspension needs that flex in order to work. Unless these have spherical rod ends to allow the rear to rotate around the driveshaft axis, you're liable to have binding problems and/or rip the mounts out of the frame if you do anything but go straight 1/4 mile at a time.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Adjustment will be nice because I plan to run a lower ride height than stock. And will hopefully just give an overall mo4e responsive feeling in handling.. and if they come with poly bushings then hey.. bonus nachos.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          the problem with stiffer arms is that the suspension needs that flex in order to work. Unless these have spherical rod ends to allow the rear to rotate around the driveshaft axis, you're liable to have binding problems and/or rip the mounts out of the frame if you do anything but go straight 1/4 mile at a time.
                          Yup. Same issues as any other vehicle with triangulated 4 link. Stock arms with poly are more than adequate. (I have video proof) As mentioned, being able to adjust the pinion angle is a benefit. Good to see there are still some aftermarket parts being made.
                          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Million dollar question is what direction to adjust the uppers in. Guess that would vary car-to-car but it's part of the reason i haven't installed them yet. Also have a set of boxing plates from Jeff to put on my lowers.

Comment

If you want lateral stability for turns, you want a panhard or watts link. Stiffer arms really aren't going to do that for you. A panhard should make the shit road behavior a fair bit better, I've noticed the back end tends to dance around considerably even with good bushings. Its downright scary when the bushings are totally fucked in the back.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X