ADTR adjustable trailing arms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    If you want lateral stability for turns, you want a panhard or watts link. Stiffer arms really aren't going to do that for you. A panhard should make the shit road behavior a fair bit better, I've noticed the back end tends to dance around considerably even with good bushings. Its downright scary when the bushings are totally fucked in the back.
    Im no expert but I think better upper and lower rear arms and a 1” rear bar should keep the rearend planted. And keep it from bouncing around. And If not Oo well guess im just wasting money

Comment

That will definitely help. You will feel a difference for sure. And unless you plan to autocross it, I doubt you'll need a pan hard bar to make sure the axle stays centered left to right.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Stock arms with a panhard will do a better job of lateral location than really stiff arms with none. The binding problem is a much larger issue on a street driven car. Its also going to have a whole lot more harshness to the ride. Just my 2 cents.

and these people's for what thats worth

https://www.maximummotorsports.com/t...susp_rlca.aspx

Fox cars have an identical rear suspension design, its just a little narrower. Add some spherical rod ends to those ADTR arms and you've basically got what MM sells, and that will get the job done nicely. Won't do anything for the harshness but that can't be helped.
        Last edited by gadget73; 05-18-2019, 09:20 AM.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          If you want lateral stability for turns, you want a panhard or watts link. Stiffer arms really aren't going to do that for you. A panhard should make the shit road behavior a fair bit better, I've noticed the back end tends to dance around considerably even with good bushings. Its downright scary when the bushings are totally fucked in the back.
          Yeah i've noticed on rough or bumpy stuff that the ass-end kinda skips on occasion. Other car had factory rear sway bar, this one has a PI rear bar but mostly behaves about the same. KYB shocks and stock springs on both. Overall the suspension and steering on these things doesn't inspire confidence in handling when you feel like you can't trust it not to just wash out on you in a heartbeat.

Comment

Thought I'd give this a bump since the order has been completed. And they're almost on to production.

Who all on here picked up a set?
            Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
            Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
            Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
              Thought I'd give this a bump since the order has been completed. And they're almost on to production.

Who all on here picked up a set?
              As of last week we have 18 so 2 more for a run. Since I installed the rear arms I took 18” wheels off and went back to the hpp. Got to admit it the 16” ride is way better I love the rear arms ride is more stable and not as much body role

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post
                As of last week we have 18 so 2 more for a run. Since I installed the rear arms I took 18” wheels off and went back to the hpp. Got to admit it the 16” ride is way better I love the rear arms ride is more stable and not as much body role
                I just paid up the other day, I'm freakin excited. Last I talked to him, everything was on schedule. I'm already on 16s with height a little lower than stock, so should be similar. You running a PI swaybar?
                Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191107_153540.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	1286300

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]53216[/ATTACH]
                    They look good
                    1985 2-Door: CFI, K&N Filter, Edelbrock Performer 289 Intake, E7 Heads, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers, E-Fan, 3G Alternator, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, Rear Lowering Springs, KYB Front Shocks, Front Lowering Springs, FTI 2400 Stall Converter, PA Performance Valve Body, Ford Racing 4.10 Gear, Eaton LSD Differential - I own the fastest CFI powered box to the 1/8th mile: 9.658@70.74mph
                    1991 4-Door (Dad's Car): Pro-M EFI, 306ci, Forged Pistons, Ford Racing Aluminum Heads, COMP XE264HR cam, Cobra 1.7 Rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM 2 Intake, 30lb. Injectors, Custom 65mm TB/EGR Spacer, Pro-M 75mm MAF, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Custom Summit H-pipe, Walker Mufflers, Jegs Built AOD, Roadrunner 3000 Stall Converter, Ford Racing 4.10 Gear - Best 1/8th mile time: 9.76@72.03

Comment

I have a set too!

Can’t wait to install them with my limo rear. First tires, then that is my next project!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Gotta get my bushings for the housing then pull the trigger.

Comment

I'm on the fence. Sherrie has to ride 'nice'..
                          In the spring the rear is getting some attention in the pinion seal and traction-loc areas but I think I'm keeping the 3.08.
                          That'd be the right time to do it.. and body bushings.
                          The speedway springs/KYB shocks made me like the car WAY mo'betta..
                          I just don't want her to get all harsh and new car feeling.
                          All FORD All The Time

Comment

They are very well made, but I agree with the above sentiments about rods ends. If you look at the arc paths swept by control arms on a triangulated 4 link car, there is always bind in a bushed configuration. And sometimes you're looking for that for anti squat, etc. Hopefully some research went into that on the manufacturers end. You don't need them on both ends.

I really like the later style rear suspension on the '03+ cars, and I think the S197 cars would be perfect with a watts instead of the panhard.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I think the research was "It's like Fox body 4-link setups and those work, but a little longer" so let's do it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

im pretty psyched for the whole deal. im doing a 96 rear disk swap right now with 3.73 trac-lok. so i finally kicked myself enough and snatched the trailing arms so its rebuilt right all at once. talking to a few other box guys, since the arms didnt included poly bushings for the diff, we are going to keep stock ones in that location only to help with the binding (which i assume is why they were not included)... hopefully. trial and error i suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X