No announcement yet.

ADTR adjustable trailing arms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are easier to install than poly or rubber bushings too!

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
      They are easier to install than poly or rubber bushings too!
      I purchased it though haven’t looked into the install directions.

One must knock out the shells in the diff housing right? That seems tricky.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Air hammer/chisel should blast them right out. Can also use a balljoint press
        Someone makes a bushing removal tool, but you could use washers and a bolt with a big socket

Worse comes to worst you could burn the rubber out with a torch and then just hammer/collapse the shells outta there.
        Last edited by massacre; 07-27-2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
          Air hammer/chisel should blast them right out. Can also use a balljoint press
          Someone makes a bushing removal tool, but you could use washers and a bolt with a big socket

Worse comes to worst you could burn the rubber out with a torch and then just hammer/collapse the shells outta there.
          Yes. and Yes. Bushings have already been burned out for the poly job.

I sprung for the removal tool from maximum motorsports. This will remove the metal sleeves relatively easily. Also will aid in the install of the spherical ones.

Received a call from Chris over at ADTR. Influx of orders on the box panther rear control arms. lol Maybe two months out. Was worried he was going to tell me none left and never being manufactured again. Luckily that is not the case.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

If it’s just sleeves and no bushings I would try and collapse them with a hammer and chisel.
            Once you can get it to collapse in on itself it usually goes pretty easy

Comment

don't waste your time on the bushing removal tool. i spent a lot of money on one many years ago and it does not work worth a crap.
              melt out the rubber, cut the shells, press new in with ball joint press or shop press. pressing in the new is a pita too the arms want to bend, you have to support then arms so they do not fold up.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That I totally agree with.

My intent is to use the removal tool solely on the axle. That should not bend.
                ~David~

Comment

Watching this thread like a hawk. If these don't prove to be harsh ... I'll probably dive in.
                  All FORD All The Time

Comment

Any reports from users on their experience with these spherical bushings and control arms?
                    My bushings are way bad, and while I'm doing it......
                    All FORD All The Time

Comment

Still working great here.

Comment

The mustang spherical bushings are of a different size. They were too small to fit in the pumpkin ears. I just left they poly everwhere.
                        ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          The mustang spherical bushings are of a different size. They were too small to fit in the pumpkin ears. I just left they poly everwhere.
                          That is a bummer, i did not realize they were different sizes. My bad.

Comment

Me neither until I was under there last year getting ready to remove the sleeves. I would not have guessed them to be different myself.
                            ~David~

Comment

I wonder if a bushing sleeve could be machined to make them work?

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                Appreciated. It's beyond time for mine to get bushed and this only makes sense with the power level increase Sherrie recently received.
                                Now to find a rear sway and do it all at once...
                                All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
                                X