PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADTR adjustable trailing arms!

Quote Originally Posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
    Thought I'd give this a bump since the order has been completed. And they're almost on to production.

Who all on here picked up a set?
    As of last week we have 18 so 2 more for a run. Since I installed the rear arms I took 18 wheels off and went back to the hpp. Got to admit it the 16 ride is way better I love the rear arms ride is more stable and not as much body role

Ford Fullsize For Life! marquis_82_withneons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    As of last week we have 18 so 2 more for a run. Since I installed the rear arms I took 18 wheels off and went back to the hpp. Got to admit it the 16 ride is way better I love the rear arms ride is more stable and not as much body role
    I just paid up the other day, I'm freakin excited. Last I talked to him, everything was on schedule. I'm already on 16s with height a little lower than stock, so should be similar. You running a PI swaybar?
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Daily Rice - Blue 1987 Plymouth Horizon - 2.2L 147K, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, BORLA #workbeater

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191107_153540.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	53216

Quote Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191107_153540.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	53216
    They look good
    1985 2-Door
    K-Code
    CFI
    K&N Filter
    Race Crank Pulley
    Hooker Max Flow Muffler
    Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan
    3G Alternator
    SVE Wheels
    ET Streets

I have a set too!

Can’t wait to install them with my limo rear. First tires, then that is my next project!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Gotta get my bushings for the housing then pull the trigger.

I'm on the fence. Sherrie has to ride 'nice'..
    In the spring the rear is getting some attention in the pinion seal and traction-loc areas but I think I'm keeping the 3.08.
    That'd be the right time to do it.. and body bushings.
    The speedway springs/KYB shocks made me like the car WAY mo'betta..
    I just don't want her to get all harsh and new car feeling.
    All FORD All The Time

White collar, and a red neck P72Ford's Avatar

They are very well made, but I agree with the above sentiments about rods ends. If you look at the arc paths swept by control arms on a triangulated 4 link car, there is always bind in a bushed configuration. And sometimes you're looking for that for anti squat, etc. Hopefully some research went into that on the manufacturers end. You don't need them on both ends.

I really like the later style rear suspension on the '03+ cars, and I think the S197 cars would be perfect with a watts instead of the panhard.
    **1965 Ford Mustang Coupe: Currently on the Rotisserie, 306/T5/4.10s Long Term Street/ Strip Project
    **1990 Ford Mustang LX Hatchback: 5.0, 5 spd, 4.10s; 30K original miles Cruiser
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0, 6 spd, 3.73s; 17K miles Cruiser
    **2008 CVPI, Ex MSP Unit #420: 4.6, 3.55TL Flowmaster 10 knock offs, dark tint, JD Blitz Black, DD, CHALKBOARD
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG): 103, Cobra Speedsters, Cosmetics
    **2014 Ram 1500 QCSB Express 4WD Hemi/8spd TF/3L21 Truck Duties; Boesch Built, Cosmetics

I think the research was "It's like Fox body 4-link setups and those work, but a little longer" so let's do it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

im pretty psyched for the whole deal. im doing a 96 rear disk swap right now with 3.73 trac-lok. so i finally kicked myself enough and snatched the trailing arms so its rebuilt right all at once. talking to a few other box guys, since the arms didnt included poly bushings for the diff, we are going to keep stock ones in that location only to help with the binding (which i assume is why they were not included)... hopefully. trial and error i suppose.
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Daily Rice - Blue 1987 Plymouth Horizon - 2.2L 147K, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, BORLA #workbeater

Hmmm, in that case i may just throw them on with the stock shit on the pumpkin. Of course i have all day tomorrow but it's raining.

Quote Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
    Hmmm, in that case i may just throw them on with the stock shit on the pumpkin. Of course i have all day tomorrow but it's raining.
    thats my plan. hopefully the stockers arent clapped out yet. supposedly this axle i picked up only had 43k. internals and brakes were mint. hopefully the rubbers are too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12