No announcement yet.

ADTR adjustable trailing arms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, in that case i may just throw them on with the stock shit on the pumpkin. Of course i have all day tomorrow but it's raining.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
      Hmmm, in that case i may just throw them on with the stock shit on the pumpkin. Of course i have all day tomorrow but it's raining.
      thats my plan. hopefully the stockers arent clapped out yet. supposedly this axle i picked up only had 43k. internals and brakes were mint. hopefully the rubbers are too.
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Didja ever get them on.??
        All FORD All The Time

Comment

Not so far, i've been completely slammed with work because apparently people fuck everything off all year until it's almost christmas then decide "Shit, our toilet doesn't work and 30 people are coming over". Ugh. Had sunday off and of course it rained. I may have time this coming weekend but i'm a little freaked out about how i should adjust the uppers, length-wise. Longer or shorter than stock? Or just measure center-to-center on stockers and go with that? Suggestions?

Comment

Not so far, i've been completely slammed with work because apparently people fuck everything off all year until it's almost christmas then decide "Shit, our toilet doesn't work and 30 people are coming over". Ugh. Had sunday off and of course it rained. I may have time this coming weekend but i'm a little freaked out about how i should adjust the uppers, length-wise. Longer or shorter than stock? Or just measure center-to-center on stockers and go with that? Suggestions?
            from my understanding, theyre set at stock during fabrication. either way, for my scenario, im going to be lowered ~1.5" so im gonna adjust mine longer(?) i think than stock. i want to match the driveshaft to the pinion angle when suspension is compressed. so i believe that translates into lengthening(?) the adjustables to straighten it whem the suspension is under load. ill have to inspect how the geometry changes when the suspension flexes. how much adjustment ill need? i dont know but dont imagine itll be much. in my mind itll help prolong ujoints and minimize vibrations and all that since itll all be straight. just a thought.. but makes sense to me
            Last edited by marquis_82_withneons; 12-24-2019, 01:04 PM.
            Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
            Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
            Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

I just got my car back from trans shop since I was the first one to get (prototype) I love them I fell no type of binding or anything. I do still have stock rearend with kyb shocks smaller swaybar (1” bar not installed yet) and rearend rubber upper bushing. When I rebuild my spare 97 rearend i have from jk. I mostly just get new rubbers and put the lok on and send it.

Comment

Start at stock length. Then adjust to set pinion angle to match output shaft angle when in resting position. That's all you really need to do. If it matches (not sure about the tolerance on angles... something like +/-0.2 degrees?)... run it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I think I am going to bite my words and pick up a set. I have wheel hop issues and this may cure it. Already have poly installed. so maybe stiffer arms will help?
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

try stiffer shocks if you haven't yet.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      try stiffer shocks if you haven't yet.
                      Yes. That is on my mind as well. Currently have KYB KG5521 in the rear. How much stiffer can I get!?

I sprung for the control arms. God that is an awful lot of cash...though it is neat that something is made for our cars. Probably install these over the winter..Yes I do most of my BIG work over winter....outside...on the concrete...lol
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Just as an FYI to you guys using these arms-

They now make spherical bushings for the housing, so you can have the arms with reg poly bushings and just install the sphericals in the housing and there should be no bind.

Comment

They as in ADTR?
                          ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            They as in ADTR?
                            No, sorry

Steeda and UPR make them I think

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...+5ba29e70f2fa7

https://lmr.com/item/UPR-2003-88/79-...content=Brands

Other companies may make them as well.
                            I installed one in my s197 and it made a world of difference

Looks like team z sells them too
                            Last edited by massacre; 07-26-2020, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
                              Just as an FYI to you guys using these arms-

They now make spherical bushings for the housing, so you can have the arms with reg poly bushings and just install the sphericals in the housing and there should be no bind.
                              That’s amazing news!
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yes. Awesome. Picking a set up.

Originally posted by massacre View Post
                                No, sorry

Steeda and UPR make them I think

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...+5ba29e70f2fa7

https://lmr.com/item/UPR-2003-88/79-...content=Brands

Other companies may make them as well.
                                I installed one in my s197 and it made a world of difference

Looks like team z sells them too
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X