Temperature gauge (normal range)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature gauge (normal range)

On my 97 Lincoln town car, I have been noticing (again) the temperature bars would go up to "M" in NORMAL (which is halfway). However I have noticed it would go down a bar to "A" and after a while it would go back to "M".
    I know I have brought this topic up a while ago here and have since checked everything out to be good.

Is it normal for the gauge to do this? Is this within a normal range?

This may be isolated but once in a blue moon on cold starts in the A.M., I would notice this temp gauge would take forever to go up. It would take me driving the car down the road (Sometimes spirited driving) to get that gauge to go up again.

I have a long trip coming up (appx 550 miles round trip) and just want to make sure.

Thanks in advance!
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

That's normal for electric fan cars. Not sure when the aux e-fan was added, but if you have one of those early setups that has the e-fan inside the shroud and the mechanical fan as well... it may indicate that the thermal clutch may be weak. If it starts getting to the AL area of normAL then you definitely have an issue with the thermal clutch or the thermostat if not an air pocket somewhere in the system.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190516_110635.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1285388

Picture of what it shows
      "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
      -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
      -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

It's fine...Unless the thing is at HOT it's fine lol.

Comment

Working...
        X