Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel opinions and tire sizes for Sherrie

Hey Ya'll,
    I've been sitting on these vintage 80s Western Minilites for years. Had them on my Merc for a while until I scored some Cragars.
    Anyway..
    First question is.. Will they fit on Sherrie ( '86 CV Coupe) without huge spacers.?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190516_141220.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	1304958

Name:	20190516_140728.jpeg
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1304959
    8.5 inch width

Name:	20190516_140806.jpeg
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1304960
    4 inch backspace
    I'd like to put 225 or 235 60s on the front.... and if it will take them 275s on the back.

Next question..
    any idea where a guy could get some new centers or a better way to hold them on the wheel.??
    I have all 4 and I like them but 2 are hinky. Don't wanna lose them.

Name:	20190516_141245.jpeg
Size:	938.0 KB
ID:	1304961
    Holes are 3-1/4 inches....
    All FORD All The Time

My only concern is the front fender may see some rubbing action while cornering. No spacers needed.

Center caps - found these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-CAP-DEAL-...-/201288411531

Looks like someone modded your center caps with a Shelby center. Interesting. I like them honestly.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I like them too, hence my concern with losing the two that are refitted with duct tape orifice tightening bands..
      So on another note.. how can I edit my post title.? Bad eyes and big fingers resulted in "Wheel opinoins" as opposed to wheel Onions.
      Onions are like..... Well yeah. Everybody has one.

Would you see the fender rubbing on the front or rear of the front fender.?
      Ya think she'll take 275's in the back.??
      I don't have Sherrie at home right now to check it myself and I'm excited.
      She's at the respiratory therapist getting a full HVAC service.
      Next week she gets Cat back 2.25" with X pipe and Magnaflows.
      A friend has a pair of AFR 165s with literally 3 passes on them.
      I'm thinking those involved in a HO type conversion might be just what Sherrie needs..
      All FORD All The Time

Comment

Fixed the thread title.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I prefer wheel onions, but you know what they say about opinions. And onions for that matter.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

if they were originally on a 64-73 mustang then the ofset is correct.
            only downside is the 98-02 front brakes will not fit with anything smaller than 16" wheels.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thanks.. for the fix. Wheel Onions aren't that bad, just not on my Grandmarq Salad.
              Happy Friday. Anybody looking for high flow valves.?

Name:	Valves.jpg
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1285389
              Last edited by clutch47; 05-17-2019, 06:46 PM.
              All FORD All The Time

Comment

reminds me of someone that showed me their home ported heads.....i asked why he ported the water jackets. poor guy ruined a pair of heads. i did not mean to make him feel like an ass.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Who needs water jackets anyway.?
                  More water in the combustion chamber means cooler temps under heavy throttle..right..??
                  Back to the wheels.
                  I'm going for 225/60's and 275/60's... She's gonne be happy.
                  All FORD All The Time

Comment

Damn it high-flow valves are just what my build is missing! Bet they're lighter too for faster revs, better fuel economy, all sorts of shit.

Anyhow, yeah those wheels should fit and i kinda dig it. Might have minor issues up front but rear will be fine. With 235 in front you should be fine. Can fit lots in the rear. My 255/50's still look small. Wanting more...

Comment

Working...
                    X