Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking Brake Switch (electrical)

Hello everyone!
    I've been at work, mostly, and so most of the projects on my '86 have been done in my head but not on the car. Mostly I'm ordering parts so I can have a few days of fun in June.

One of the things that I found was the parking brake light doesn't work; the wire is dangling and taped off. The switch is broken off from the pedal assembly, I'm guessing someone was working down there and broke the plastic off, just the part the mounting screw goes through is left.

All of the parts sources I can find show the vacuum parking brake release switch as the replacement.

I tried looking up earlier years/other models and I can't find a listing at all, so I may be out of luck--I don't even have a picture of one to compare it to. I would guess it's probably similar to the one in my '87 F150, but i won't be able to look at that until I get home in June...and even then, I can't find a replacement listed for sale.

Anyone have a part number for this? It's not REALLY hurting anything, but I grounded the switch and the light worked, so I'm literally 1 small part away from having it work correctly.

Also on the list, tow hitch, tripminder, working speakers, exhaust and suspension, and maybe that set of 3.55s that have been sitting in the Ford Motorsport box in the trunk of the Zephyr since 2008...

E9AZ-15A851-A replaced by F2UZ-15A851-A
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Can someone please take a picture of how this is mounted.

I removed mine years back (modded speedometer cluster in my 87 with gauges so its light was eliminated) and I am now looking at restoring its function. I dont remember where it goes and the picture in the evtm does not help at all.

Looking at adding this: https://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-dr...BoCRiAQAvD_BwE

or this: https://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-dr...BoCDMwQAvD_BwE

as the light.

thanks
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Here is a couple of pics from my 89 CV parts wagon. Should be the same as you car. WagonMan
        Attached Files
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park
        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Thank you so much pete. I agree it should be the same. Happy to see two wires on the pig tail as well. One side should be going to the bulb and the other side is going to the prop valve switch/level switch. I should be able to make all of this work.

I removed the vacuum actuator above it and used its mounting point for relocating the cruise computer as I added a clutch pedal.
          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 10-13-2020, 01:08 PM.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
          X