Wtb: Rear Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtb: Rear Gears

Looking for 2.73, 3.08 or 3.27s that someone doesnt want. Post up what you have and how much. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm planning to swap my (good, 80K miles) 2.73s for 3.55s this summer. Message me to remind me if you're still looking, say around the last week of June, and I'll get pictures if I've done it. If they're worth it to you, I'd send them for cost of shipping and a couple cups of coffee. (Just remember, planning and doing aren't the same thing, so I'm not promising I'll be done by then).

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
      Looking for 2.73, 3.08 or 3.27s that someone doesnt want. Post up what you have and how much. Thanks.

I have 2.73 that I will no longer need once I upgrade to 3.27 in a few months u can have them just pay the shipping

Comment

Ill message you both lol

Comment

Figures... I scrapped my 2.73s last year. Now someone wants them. They were sitting on my shelf for at least 6 years.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Lol yeah I bet Im the only idiot that wants that ratio!

Comment

Nope. Another guy on here wanted some too... 2 months after I scrapped them.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
                Lol yeah I bet Im the only idiot that wants that ratio!

Why are you wanting 2.73 though I can’t wait to get rid of them

Comment

I have 4.10s and a baumann shift kit and it shifts way too early. I dont want to mess with the tv pressure or get the transgo kit that increases shift points since the stock valves float at like 4500 rpms lol. I think a 2.73, 3.08 or even a 3.27 would be a much better gear ratio and will actually allow the motor to stay in its powerband for longer. Also I do a lot of highway driving so acceleration isnt as important as keeping the revs down while cruising. With that said, 2.73s probably arent the best ratio to get but theyre the easiest to get without having to spend $100+ on a set of gears that I might not even keep.

Comment

Working...
                  X