2004 Lincoln Towncar Door Ajar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 Lincoln Towncar Door Ajar

This morning I bought a 2004 ltc, 85k miles, from a used car lot. This afternoon, went to start and the battery was dead. Got a jump, and now the Door Ajar indicator is constantly lit (with all doors closed) and the interior lights will not go off. It dings and does other stupid shit while I drive. I think I got took for a ride by the lot selling the car, but what's done is done. I googled my symptoms and followed the suggestions that I blast the latches with wd40. No change. Idk what else to try.

Some other things I read said its probably the door module or some shit going bad, and that they're expensive af and hard to deal with. If anyone knows anything, I'll take all the help I can get. For now I guess I'll just disconnect the battery when I park.

Even if you left the door open the lights should turn off after about 30 minutes of leaving the car. It's a built in battery saver. If the lights don't turn off then it's likely your driver door module.

Does your keyless entry or keypad on the door work? If your keypad is bad it can constantly tell your DDM to turn the lights on as if someone was standing there and constantly pushing one of the keys.

It could also be wiring to the LCM from one of the doors.

Comment

Lights do eventually go off while I'm driving, but with the car off they don't cut out, or at least not for the couple minutes I stood and watched it. I'll have to check tomorrow after work if the keypad works. Do you know where the factory code is stuck on the car? Didn't see a sticker in the trunk, and there's no card with the owner's manual.

Also when I drive, the locks will randomly rapidly cycle repeatedly. A few quick searches on the google box makes me think even more so it's the DDM.

Regardless, how much of the extraneous stuff can be disconnected? Can I just unplug the door ajar switch and the door keypad, at least to troubleshoot where the fault is? Do all four of the door ajar switches go to the DDM? I could care less if any of those work. I always disconnected the ones in my boxes.

This is a dumb question, but is the DDM inside the door itself? Also where's the LCM located?

For now I just pulled fuses 29 (DDM) and 31 (Lights). Hopefully that'll save my battery. When I pulled the DDM fuse, nothing changed as far as the door ajar light and the interior lights. Pulling fuse 31 made all the lights go off.

I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm grasping for straws here. Definitely feel way in over my head. Thanks

Comment

Since you just bought the car, doesn't the dealer offer at least a 30 day warranty ? Take it back and ask them to fix it. Chances are the problem existed when the had it. You might check what is your State's laws regarding used car dealers ? Even on a "as is" sale, many dealers have a warranty for 30 days.

Comment

Working...
        X