Castle nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castle nuts

Got new tie rod ends from Motorcraft and they didn’t come with the castle nut or carter pin wondering what size and thread the castle nut is

best to measure it, depending who actually manufactured those things for Ford it could be several options. personally I think I'd complain to wherever you got them from, they should come with hardware. Cotter pin is not a problem but the castle can be.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

+1 to Gadget. Never bought tie rods before that didn't come with the castle nut in the box.

For cotter pins, I picked up one of those large assorted boxes from harbor freight so I always have some on hand.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Working...
      X