Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1285844
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190908_155832.jpg
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1285845
    Picked out of seam sealer, gently wire brushed as the directions say and double brushed.
    The secret sauce...

Name:	20190908_155718.jpg
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1285846
    Door bottoms after. The stuff looks like coffee with cream. Turns the metal that has iron oxide black, and is paintable.
    They seemed to be in very good shape aside from the surface malarkey.
    I'm going crazy with these sideways pictures. UGH.!!!! I can't figure out how to get them straight...

Name:	20190908_161618.jpg
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1285847
    All FORD All The Time

Comment

Interesting stuff. I don't think I've come across that product before.

How do you like it compared to other like POR15? Seems a bit less cancer causing than POR15. Any idea how it holds up after some time? I know with POR15, I'll sometimes get spots where it will need to be re-applied because the rust managed to make it's way through (or better yet, water found its way in).

This is the link I managed to find: https://store.interstateproducts.com...st_killer_1gal

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
        This is the link I managed to find: https://store.interstateproducts.com...st_killer_1gal
        That's the stuff. I threw a link up a while back.
        I haven't used POR-15. A friend that does car restoration doesn't like the POR-15. I really never asked him why exactly.
        I used a product in the NAVY like this Rust Killer.
        Same jug, same consistency, same stuff I think. It worked well, and we painted right over it. It's a pain to get off your skin though...
        The radiator support, firewall, toe-boards, and floors in my MERC got done with this stuff inside and out 10 years ago and haven't aged a day since.
        I like how it penetrates the creases and bends, and gets into the metal.
        All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by clutch47 View Post
          ...…..It's a pain to get off your skin though....
          That's POR15 too. I always manage to get some on my skin despite wearing gloves and long sleeves. And yet POR15 seems to be picky about the condition of the metal that I apply it to. :-/

Comment

The Eastwood stuff isn't much better. They have a soupy converter stuff and another thats more like paint. I used both on the inside of the bumpers I put on the Conti and there is still a few spots of it on the floor that i can't get off. Took a week to get it off my finger when the glove tore too.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

YAY.!!

Name:	20190929_163353-1.jpg
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1285925

Hopefully the other one cooperates. Typically not my luck.
              All FORD All The Time

Comment

Scored some window visors from a fella on here.
                These things are hard to find.... I kinda lucked out.

Name:	20191013_131428[1].jpg
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	1286062

Name:	20191013_131442[1].jpg
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1286063
                All FORD All The Time

Comment

Looks good.

I have a set on my car and I think they offer more of a visual factor then functional one. I was always under the impression that these would allow you to crack the window a bit to allow cool air in vice versa. It literally only allows you to CRACK the window open before the leading edge above the vent window becomes a direct path into the cabin.

Regardless, they look very nice on your car.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks man. I found the proper vectoring of the blast from the wing windows can be focused rather well on the specific overheating parts...
                    I was never a fan of the cracked window because of the sound. I revel in the silence inside these boxes.
                    All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by clutch47 View Post
                      Thanks man. I found the proper vectoring of the blast from the wing windows can be focused rather well on the specific overheating parts...
                      I was never a fan of the cracked window because of the sound. I revel in the silence inside these boxes.
                      True. I was more directing my discussion towards a parked vehicle.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Oh... Parked for sure. Beats getting in an easy bake oven.
                        Where I work every vehicle must be buttoned up and secured by policy...and the staff outside actually check. I do leave them cracked anyway. Screw it.
                        All FORD All The Time

Comment

Ever see them on a box Lincoln? Completely useless. The front corner glass on a Lincoln drops completely before the main glass comes down, and the visors do not cover the front glass.
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Probably need to retrofit the plastic visors; as they typically drop down further than the metal visors.

I don't remember if my CV has them or not. The car has been tarp'd for over 3 years. :-/

Comment

If they went on the car, it would be for appearances and the plastic ones definitely don't have the right look.

A sun shade in the windshield makes a big difference on the oven factor inside the car.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                Ever see them on a box Lincoln? Completely useless. The front corner glass on a Lincoln drops completely before the main glass comes down, and the visors do not cover the front glass.
                                Yes. Ashley's '89 had them. I think only the earliest of photos of that car showed them but those plus the stupid license plate "Harson's Island" and "Harley-Davidson" sticker on the rear window were the first things to go.
                                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                                X