• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piiiiics.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I wanted to use this one in jest for some time now.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pump 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1289507
        Aeromotive 11540 340 lph pump installed

Name:	Pump 2.jpg
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1289508

Fit nicely. The supplied 'stuff' took up the space perfectly. I thought at first it wasn't working. It is absolutely silent.

Name:	347 bottom.jpg
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	1289509

View from the bottom. Decided to add a little easier to see timing mark. Old eyes I guess.

Name:	Trans cooler.jpg
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	1289510

Upskirt view of Sherries transmission cooler mounting. From Trans to cooler then to radiator.

Name:	2.5 cats.jpg
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1289511

Cats worked out great I think...

Name:	2.5 Magnaflows.jpg
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1289512

To the 2.5 Magnaflows. Pix of the tailpipes coming. It's not nearly as loud as I expected at my first impression. Not ready to drive yet. I've gotta get the fuel maps figured out first with my 2 hours of service included with the Megasquirt purchase. AFR is floating around 12.2:1 and I really don't want to run it and get the cats that hot from the mixture richness, just can't find time.

Work is in my way right now, but not for long. I signed my retirement papers on Thursday 8.19...
        October 1st is my last work day. 31 years of public service coming to a close. YAY. I'm TOTALLY BURNT OUT...
        My coworkers like talking shit about me being a Wal-Mart greeter for a part-time. Usually if it's a guy talking shit and there are no women around, I'll say something like "ask your sister where I'll be" or "hey man.. are you going to be here tomorrow? I left my wallet on your dresser and I need to get fuel"..
        They usually keep walking.

I'll have more pix later this week.
        All FORD All The Time

Comment

Wal-Mart greeter! That sounds like what my pps would say.

I like what I see with Sherrie. She's gonna be a ripper when those wheels touch the ground.

Comment

Mm pics. I love the blue and the exhaust. Wish retirement was in sight. Funny how I'm looking forward to getting older and don't actually miss my twenties at all.

Comment

When I retired from "public service" I really did not want to deal with walking and talking people. Needed to detox from the public. I knew a couple of WM greeters. They upgraded to Id checker at Sam's club. Shoppers there are a better class of cretan they say.
              Now WM has "mask ambassadors". As you walk in, the person mumbles some drivel about CDC and asks you if you want a mask.

Comment

Hey it doesn't have to be loud to be awesome. A little tone is good. Congratulations on retirement. When I started, I could retire at 30 years. The state changed the rules and my age and experience now have to equal 90, which means I have to work 37 years to retire (25 more, screw that).
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Wal-Mart wallet inspector FTW!!11!!!!!1111!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                    Hey it doesn't have to be loud to be awesome. A little tone is good. Congratulations on retirement. When I started, I could retire at 30 years. The state changed the rules and my age and experience now have to equal 90, which means I have to work 37 years to retire (25 more, screw that).
                    I really didn't want it loud, so I'm relieved. A lot of new cars with performance exhausts sound like noisemakers with sink drain pipes for exhaust. Their low compression and cam timing make it even worse...Example is a friend has a new Vette with the SLP loudmouth exhaust. I didn't want that. So I'm happy.

Originally posted by packman View Post
                    Wal-Mart wallet inspector FTW!!11!!!!!1111!!!
                    These guys love razzing me with that. I told the last wildcat that was picking on me that the chances of me even going into a Wal-Mart is even less than seeing me here at work on October 2nd..
                    All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                      When I retired from "public service" I really did not want to deal with walking and talking people. Needed to detox from the public. I knew a couple of WM greeters. They upgraded to Id checker at Sam's club. Shoppers there are a better class of cretan they say.
                      Now WM has "mask ambassadors". As you walk in, the person mumbles some drivel about CDC and asks you if you want a mask.
                      I can't imagine doing anything like that with the public. Nah.
                      All FORD All The Time

Comment

Nice!

I'm with you on the exhaust. I was not happy when I discovered that I couldn't fit the large-case Dynomax muffs I planned for the Crown Vic. But, I know I can make them work on my '05 MGM; and I have glasspacks to make it more-so quiet. I did the loud thing when I was a kid; I'm done with that.

Comment

So the 347 is in and alive. My first go-round with the Megasquirt PNP unit is all positive.
                          It simply is plug and play, once the Box mounting differences are addressed.
                          Despite the differences between Mustang and Crown Vic wiring and pins, the unit recognized and just adapted.
                          My original O2 sensors were unplugged and the ends of the harness were wrapped in black tape and then heat shrunk and tucked. Nothing chopped.
                          The O2 sensor provided with the PE wideband was wired to the provided plug at pin #21 I think(?) and once it was plugged in, all was good.
                          The Tunerstudio program is way beyond what I expected in terms of control, and I have no doubt that once I get all Sherries bugs worked out, it will be ideal.
                          Looking forward, I anticipate the addition of a period correct Paxton will not be a big change in programming.
                          I'll find one new in the box from the early 90s somewhere and let it happen.
                          After I get the tune straight and the car cleaned up, I'll post a bunch of pictures for your visual stimulation.
                          All FORD All The Time

Comment

Update on my 347 transplant into Sherrie.

Name:	Front view.jpeg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1289726

So far I'm pretty damn happy... Had garage beers with a good friend who convinced me to do the EGR delete. Once I get it running right...perfectly...I'll add it and see the difference.

Name:	Drivers view.jpeg
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	1289727

I'll be adding another secret snorkel. I had a vacuum leak that made the Megasquirt MAP think I was tapping the brake booster for a signal. Obviously I wasn't.
                            Turned out after borrowing a friends smoke machine (if you haven't ever used one..they are the cats nuts!!) my line feeding the cruise control had a split in it. new line, no more leaky leak.

Name:	Pass View 2.jpeg
Size:	997.6 KB
ID:	1289728

Took this one with the flash to show the headers and plug wires for everyone considering the BBK unequal length shorties.
                            They come REALLY close to the heater box and made my insulation smoke.!!!! I made some gentle but firm adjustments to the box while it was warm and gained enough room to fix the problem. Aside from these dastardly things coming loose 3 times before they stayed tight..... I like them. I'd buy them and use them again.

My next update will be the 3G swap.

Now I've gotta clean up my parts pile. What should I do with a complete unhurt 1986 302 that has 91K miles on it..?
                            All FORD All The Time

Comment

Find a box panther with a toast engine and swap it in and make it a daily.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks minty in there.

I second what David said. Could also be worth maybe $600? Less junk is better, unless you have nearly unlimited capacity.

Comment

Working...
                                X