PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 'Sherrie' my 86 Oxford White CV Coupe

fomoco panthers !

Here are a couple of pictures of the 96. The length is 7 1/4 inches from the steering wheel cover. I was looking for the nos shift lever. Could not find it yet. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	068.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	53145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	069.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	53146

Approaching 2 decades of DDing Box Panthers VicCrownVic's Avatar

In clutch47's case I think the other end and whatever it attaches to inside the column is more important. Not sure when the next time I'll make it to the JY, but I wouldn't mind comparing a pre-'90 box to something with that later shifter. Having something like that to do at the JY keeps me from buying crap I don't need/can't afford. Here in Detroit it's actually not hard to find such things in our JY, it's finding time to go that's the problem for me.
    Vic

~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, summer DD
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon - wannabe winter DD - returning summer 2020, I finally have an engine
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - My rotting winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

I'm hoping the local guy has an early box on the yard. He doesn't let anybody touch the cars. You ride out with him in his garbage scow...show him what you want...and he'll tell you when to come get it. All of his vehicles are nice but stay sealed up. nothing left open or windows down.
    I'll try to get one of each and put up some pictures..
    If memory serves me right, the two styles function completely differently.
    So I'm thinking if I take my inner end...and the later outer end...weld both to a stout piece of DOM tubing.... VIOLA.
    All FORD All The Time

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

Think i've found the O/D off solution. I ordered one of these, just gotta find the right place to put it in the car. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-91-For...53.m2749.l2649

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

maybe where the tailgate window switch goes in wagons. Just need to swap or cut out the panel for it.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    maybe where the tailgate window switch goes in wagons. Just need to swap or cut out the panel for it.
    I like that idea..Find a wagon fuse panel cover (I know the 89 and downs had two spots at least with rectangular cutouts) and utilize one for that button. It has the same general shape. May look good. No clue how the 90/91 wagons are configured.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Approaching 2 decades of DDing Box Panthers VicCrownVic's Avatar

For pre-90 wagon switch location that would work. If you have power antenna it would be down by that switch and in the correct orientation.

For '90+ wagons that switch would be sideways if mounted where the tailgate window switch is (left of the steering column, I have an aero LTC fuel door popper switch in that location).
    Vic

~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, summer DD
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon - wannabe winter DD - returning summer 2020, I finally have an engine
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - My rotting winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

Sweet that panel on the left of the column just may be the tits, i'll pull it off later and have a look. Cool thing is that the thing says OD and has a light, as well as a connector on the back of it should it ever require replacement. Win win win.

How about a trim panel from a car with heated windshield, It has a third hole,(see picture). I have lots of trim pieces if anyone needs one. WagonMan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP5741.jpg   IMGP5742.jpg   IMGP5743.jpg  
    1990 Colony Park
    1970 HEMI Superbird

I like all these ideas. The shift lever idea didn't come together yet and after seeing these ideas maybe I'll just go this way.
    That truck O/D off switch is pretty ideal. Now to find a matching script/font style for my '86..THEN figure out where to put it.
    All FORD All The Time

On another note..
    Any of ya'll got a good photo of the bracket that bolts to the EGR for retaining the throttle and TV cables.?
    I found an ad for an '86 parts car on FB and the owner isn't sure what bracket(s) I need.
    I'd take a picture of mine but Sherrie is in winter storage under my friends business about 25 miles away.
    All FORD All The Time

I have one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snapshot_20200104.JPG  
    1990 Colony Park
    1970 HEMI Superbird

Awesome. Thanks. From what I'm learning here, that is an '86 specific part.?
    All FORD All The Time

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

I don't think so. I have the one from the '86 CV; and one from the '90 MGM that I was picking apart; they look the same.

That bracket should be the same. The cable for the trans and lever on the throttle body is what's 86 specific.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Just the throttle body and TV cable are unique in 1986. The throttle body has a stud instead of a hole with grommet.(see pic) WagonMan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snapshot_20200114.JPG  
    1990 Colony Park
    1970 HEMI Superbird

Perfect. I greatly appreciate your help gentlemen.
    Anybody wanna part with the TB lever above..?
    I'm going to a different EGR/Throttle body so I'll need the lever. I picked up a BBK 70MM EGR that's going to be the center of this plan.
    I'm going to use a bracket if I can find one, and make mounts for it on my bigger EGR plate. I'm thinking about doing studs instead of blind holes.
    So once I can mount the cables to my EGR, get a throttle lever onto my TB shaft.. I'll be in business. Any advice.?
    As I said earlier I can't get to my car right now. She's away for a long winters nap..
    All FORD All The Time

The "lever" is part of the throttle body. Its attached to the shaft. If you want to buy my TB and bracket, PM me. WagonMan
    1990 Colony Park
    1970 HEMI Superbird

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

That was the mistake I made after pulling the lopo from the '86 CV; I got rid of most the parts I really needed in an effort to keep the complaints down. Among those parts was the '86 TB. I ended up removing the TB lever from said '90 MGM and using that on the aftermarket TB. I still have the '86 TB cable lying around though.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

this is what the trunk is for. Put all those parts in so the neighbors can't see anything.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast