No announcement yet.

'Sherrie' my 86 Oxford White CV Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran a Mark VII ECM in my car for a while. It worked fine, other than being too lean after I changed some stuff on the engine.

The EGR doesn't need the cooler. I've done some testing and found that the air temp in the lower intake gets hotter with the coolant hooked up with working EGR. I think its actually there to keep the throttle body from icing. Mine has been disconnected for a very long time and it hasn't given me any issue.

Lower intake is easy. Remove the nipple and install a plug. Depending on the lower intake, it may not even have a tapped hole that needs to be plugged. The tap off the pipe is slightly harder but if you've got a cutoff wheel and a welder you're golden. Doesn't even have to look perfect since its hidden under the upper intake.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

A few pix.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200303_160935.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	1286633

Cam card. Should make the juice right where I need it with a smooth(ish) vacuum signal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911_160107.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	1286634

The phones at the speed shop. The old intercom that still works.
      All FORD All The Time

Comment

Obviously the spring pressures on this cam card are wrong.
        I scored some early first-gen FMS pedestal mount roller rockers, an unopened box of ARP head bolts and some NOS Roller lifters 6500-R302 still in the box and cellophane. It's coming together slowly but right on time.
        All FORD All The Time

Comment

Feels like I got my best friend back.
          I picked Sherrie up from her 'Nap time' winter storage last night. Sure felt nice to drive her a little too fast.
          All FORD All The Time

Comment

It will be about another month before any of mine come out of storage. Maine winters are long.

Comment

Stopped at my friends transmission shop last night. The AOD re-fresh and possibly the Silverfox valve body starts now. Those guys are working with the closed sign up, and doing personal projects now. Ideal time to get Sherrie ready for the Hp infusion of this 347.
              So....any words on this valve body.?
              All FORD All The Time

Comment

To clarify, the silverfox SPT-R..
                All FORD All The Time

Comment

Thought I'd post an update on the re-powering of Sherrie.
                  The speed shop is really slow, so I'm letting them do most of my long block assembly.
                  They've treated me well in the past so I'll keep them working on something.
                  347 in a 88 block. Scat rotator. Shooting for 9.5:1.
                  AFR 165s. #1472. Older FMS 1.6 roller rockers
                  Pretty heavily ported Explorer intake upper and lower.
                  BBK 75MM TB and EGR spacer. BBK shorty headers.
                  I haven't bought a water pump yet. Any recommendations.?
                  I'm thinking about trying out the PE wideband.
                  My friend sent me a link to a TV show clip that shows it. Less gauges to screw with.
                  https://pe-ltd.com/product/wideband/
                  Any recommendations on buying injectors.? I'm going to try out the #24 pounders.
                  I took advice from a few of ya'll here and spoke with the gentleman at Silverfox trans. Valve body on the way.
                  It will be nice to turn off the OD and hold each gear if I want to. Suits my driving style better.
                  2nd gear on some of these tight back roads will make me way happier.
                  I'll get this engine in, and get it down the street 300Yds to the transmission shop.
                  Those fellas can put the valve body in and refresh the rest of the slushbox.
                  I'm still up in the air about a dash switch for the OD.
                  So that's where we're at.
                  All FORD All The Time

Comment

I would go with bigger injectors than the 24lbs. Go for the biggest you can afford. The tune (if tuned) will make them work for your needs and you will have headroom for future power.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      I would go with bigger injectors than the 24lbs. Go for the biggest you can afford. The tune (if tuned) will make them work for your needs and you will have headroom for future power.
                      Not a bad idea. I could see a small S/C in my future.. years away probably.
                      All FORD All The Time

Comment

I would expect at least a 36#, and probably more in the 45# range as being realistic.
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Appreciated.
                          As I said, I've never built an EFI project.. so this is as Greek to me as Baclava.
                          All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            I like that idea..Find a wagon fuse panel cover (I know the 89 and downs had two spots at least with rectangular cutouts) and utilize one for that button. It has the same general shape. May look good. No clue how the 90/91 wagons are configured.

I need to correct my statement as it is misleading and false. Wagons used the same fuse panel cover as a sedan did. The actual switch that fits in the window has two switches instead of one. Sedans just had a lot of black plastic surrounding the switch to fill in the gap.

Carry on.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looking for some recommendations for a water pump, and a brake vacuum booster/Master cylinder.
                              Water pump for this 347, and my current brake booster looks pretty damn scabby.
                              Maybe I'll take that on while the LoPo is out..
                              All FORD All The Time

Comment

for the booster, a 90s non-abs one is usually an upgrade. Smaller diameter, but double diaphragm so it actually gives better boost. Less touchy tho so improved brake feel.

Water pump on mine is just something from the parts store. I went through a bunch of them some years ago and finally got one that worked. Think it may have come from Advance but can't swear to that. Get the iron one if you have an option. Its the HD pump. There is one extra bolt in it. If yours is the aluminum one, you will probably have to clean the hole out in the timing cover, but it should already be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X