No announcement yet.

'Sherrie' my 86 Oxford White CV Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, hell of a customer testament. Great investment too, I had no idea they'd make such a difference.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sherrie_on_US44.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	560.3 KB
ID:	1290753

Finally took a nice road trip in Sherrie. 518 miles and 17.7mpg average. She worked really really well. Not a squeak, handled great and plenty of torque. That was what I wanted. The Silverfox trans SPT-R valve body has proven to be ideal. It held 4th gear in almost every situation until I NEEDED 3rd gear. If I was alone, I'd have left 4th gear locked out and given her the coal, but Momma was taking pictures.
      I'm getting a tiny whistle from the throttle body and the Magnaflows are giving me enough of a drone that I'm going to try a few things.

These are from US route 44 south in PA below Galeton near the Black Forest. Enjoy.

Name:	44S Oct22.jpeg
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	1290754

Name:	44S 2  Oct22.jpeg
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	1290755

Name:	44S 6 Oct22.jpeg
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	1290759

Name:	44S Black Forest inn Oct22.jpeg
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	1290760
      Lunch stop at the Black Forest Inn. A cool place that has a pretty big following in the snowmobile crowd. Lotsa groomed trails and even gas pumps set up for the UTV crowd too... https://theblackforestinnpa.com/

Name:	Cinnamon bear 2 Oct 22.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1290756
      A cinnamon bear at the place we stayed. Not a brown bear, but a color phase of SOME mutation in the black bear genetics. He flipped his tail a lot and acted like a very happy guy.

Name:	Cinnamon bear Oct 22.jpg
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1290757

Name:	Cubs Oct 22.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1290758
      Some comedy from a bunch of cubs being schooled by Momma. No good pictures of Mom, too busy laughing at these knuckleheads.
      All FORD All The Time

Comment

LOVE the car and great nature shots. Wouldn't get too close to those bears, though!
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Dayum! Sherrie is a pretty gal! You sir have a lot of self-control. If that were me on that windy road; passenger or not; I would have carved those turns.

Comment

Car is lookin' good. Great to hear and see it on the road.

Comment

Nice deal! Looked like a lot of fun.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                If that were me on that windy road; passenger or not; I would have carved those turns.
                This was a pre-run...LOL I'll run that road soon either alone or with a passenger that will enjoy some carving.
                All FORD All The Time

Comment

Stereo update.

Family bought me a head unit for Fathers Day.

Name:	Resized_20221010_131348.jpeg
Size:	950.1 KB
ID:	1290773

Name:	Resized_20221010_131421.jpeg
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1290774
                  Blaupunkt Bremen SQR 46 Media player only. Takes memory card, USB front and rear and aux input. No CDs.
                  Only about 5 inches deep and an easy mounting. Wired into the adapter harness except for the front speaker channels. Ran wire from the stereo to the passenger side kick panel after advice found here and Gadget providing his knowledge. THANKS.

Name:	Resized_20220924_150024.jpeg
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1290775

I was expecting a green plug but FoMoCo had other plans apparently.

So when I replaced my dash speakers, I took pictures of the wires for later use.
                  Everything matched up with the AllData Schematic found on here, so all that's left for me to do is connect the right front channel, after pulling the red retainer out of the plug and pulling the speaker wires from the plug.

Name:	Resized_20220924_165810.jpeg
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1290777

Name:	Resized_20220924_165827.jpeg
Size:	943.0 KB
ID:	1290778

Name:	Resized_20220927_160657.jpeg
Size:	700.9 KB
ID:	1290776

Name:	Resized_20220927_151848.jpeg
Size:	356.7 KB
ID:	1290779

Ran out of steam....

Sub and amp coming soon.
                  All FORD All The Time

Comment

I freakin' love that radio!

At first I was like, "Someone is making a tape deck now? Ole BlueDot and their weird designs.." But then I when you flipped the cover open I was mighty impressed. Going to look up that head unit. Your family did a mighty fine job with the gift idea, most people phone stuff like that in and it's never what you really want..

Comment

That head unit is like five hundo...

It's amazing though, looks great, adjustable backlight color IIRC, BT, aux, USB.
                      All the good stuff of modern radios without looking too aftermarket.
                      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                      1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
                        That head unit is like five hundo...

It's amazing though, looks great, adjustable backlight color IIRC, BT, aux, USB.
                        All the good stuff of modern radios without looking too aftermarket.
                        I keep wish lists on my favored sites... holidays come and family just looks and does their thing.
                        I'm very thankful. The proper appearance for an 80s car, and memory card slot put me in a happy place with it.
                        All FORD All The Time

Comment

Yeah, pretty spendy to only offer a three band equalizer. Didn't see, but does it offer high and low pass filters? Can you turn the internals amps off if using an external amp?

Comment

Radio fits in there well.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

https://blaupunkt.com/product/bremen-sqr-46-dab/
                              There's the page for the head unit specs and all.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sweet radio. Finally something aftermarket that is visually appalling.

Comment

Working...
                                X