No announcement yet.

'Sherrie' my 86 Oxford White CV Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I love it. Did not see anything about hi or low pass filters but I'd still seriously consider it if I needed a stereo. Actually, the fiancée does for her Tahoe, think she'd love that.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Nice! If I ever get the CV running; and the dumped exhaust isn't too loud; I might get one of those head units. My Mom likes listening to the local classic rock stations whilst driving.

Comment

If they weren't quite so costly (~600 bucks here in Canada) I'd buy one just to keep for future use.

Comment

Could always keep a look out for a used unit, might be what I do...

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
            Yeah, pretty spendy to only offer a three band equalizer. Didn't see, but does it offer high and low pass filters? Can you turn the internals amps off if using an external amp?
            https://blaupunkt.com/product/bremen-sqr-46-dab/

Yes HPF and LPF
            Not sure you can turn off the internal amp for the front channels, but gain is adjustable.
            I turned off the EQ for now so I can just do it all myself.
            SO FAR I'm impressed and happy. The BT connectivity was simple and didn't require any updates or other typical bologna.
            The adjustability of the sub out (mono) is really nice with a few choices of cutoff.
            I'm using a Kicker 48TRTP122 sub which is a single 12 with a 12 passive radiator in a shallow sealed enclosure powered by an Alpine S-A60M 600W mono amp.
            The test sheet in the box with the amp said it tested at 851W. At this point, I believe it.
            All FORD All The Time

Comment

I am impressed with what they can do with 12 volts. Gotta be the amp topology or whatever. A 600 watt home amp class A/B is a friggin' monster. Class D or H are pretty small. Supposedly they come with caveats, but in a car's environment they aren't deal breakers.

Not sure if I ever met an head unit whose internal amp could be turned off. Maybe? I want to say I had an Alpine that let you do that, perhaps my old CDA-9835.

Comment

Holding off on posting pix until She's done. (Not that I can post them anyway)
                Oxford white, painted pinstripes and clear X3 is happening. Job starts on 12.19 and should take about 3 weeks.
                I'll find out tomorrow if the upholsterer in Williamsport wants the job of replacing the padded vinyl top. https://www.weaversautoupholstery.com/auto-upholstery
                Nervous about them pulling off the trim at the bottom...above the wheel... and the back window trim.
                All FORD All The Time

Comment

Cool. The entire rear interior panels, headliner trim and head liner will have to come down to properly remove all of the trim. Good luck in them not damaging anything beyond repair. Its hard to find anyone willing to do things correctly.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I looked at the link to the upholstery shop. Pictured is a red and white interior for a 58-60 TBird.
                    If this is the best quality work this shop does, stay away. Look at the ill fitting front seats. Horrible. Never to given back to the customer that way.
                    The vinyl roof replacement job is not an easy job. Many steps have to be done with care. If the shop breaks parts, Have it in writing that the shop will replace those parts at their expense. If the parts are sun damaged and brittle, expect breakage and the shop not to pay. Do you have spare parts and clips lined up just in case ? Better to have them available then holding up re- assembly. Is the top going to be done before the painting ? Old top should come off to see if there is body work/rust to deal with. I would not have the vinyl top area done in clear. The glue will have a problem sticking to new paint, With the cost of clear, why spray the area that will need to be scuffed. Is the shop going to used the commercial grade glue or 3m spray. If spray, allot has to be used.
                    Shop around and see pictures if possible, of completed jobs the shops have done.
                    Regarding the paint job with clear, Is the best quality clear being used ? Don't cut corners on quality. 3x is excellent.
                    Just trying to help with suggestions based upon my experiences. Some jobs I did myself, others I had shops do. ALL shop work was done in CA.
                    All but one job turned out very well.

Comment

Sherrie' my 86 oxford white CV coupe

I looked at the link to the upholstery shop. Pictured is a red and white interior for a 58-60 TBird.
                      If this is the best quality work this shop does, stay away. Look at the ill fitting front seats. Horrible. Never to given back to the customer that way.
                      The vinyl roof replacement job is not an easy job. Many steps have to be done with care. If the shop breaks parts, Have it in writing that the shop will replace those parts at their expense. If the parts are sun damaged and brittle, expect breakage and the shop not to pay. Do you have spare parts and clips lined up just in case ? Better to have them available then holding up re- assembly. Is the top going to be done before the painting ? Old top should come off to see if there is body work/rust to deal with. I would not have the vinyl top area done in clear. The glue will have a problem sticking to new paint, With the cost of clear, why spray the area that will need to be scuffed. Is the shop going to used the commercial grade glue or 3m spray. If spray, allot has to be used.
                      Shop around and see pictures if possible, of completed jobs the shops have done.
                      Regarding the paint job with clear, Is the best quality clear being used ? Don't cut corners on quality. 3x is excellent.
                      Just trying to help with suggestions based upon my experiences. Some jobs I did myself, others I had shops do. ALL shop work was done in CA.
                      All but one job turned out very well.

Comment

Top is coming off. I have another set of trim. Wanda base paint and Trans star Euro qwik clear.
                        Believe me, if something needs to be addressed under the top, it will be. Kinda not going this far without doing it right.
                        Right.?.?....
                        Upholstery shop is open a long time, and I have plenty of faith.
                        I guess we'll see. He found original material grain, color and got 4 yards. It will take 2.5.. long with using closed cell foam in lieu of the oem fiber matting.

I'm posting this from my phone right to the site.
                        I'm going to try adding a picture at 40% original.
                        . Off she goes.

​​​​​​​

image widget
                        Attached Files
                        All FORD All The Time

Comment

Trailer queen. Nice.
                          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice! cant wait to see the finished product

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              Trailer queen. Nice.
                              I won't drive it on salted roads..lol..
                              painter offered to come get it in lieu of me hauling it.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	694570885.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1384883
                              All FORD All The Time

Comment

I totally get it good deal. Id have done that too.

Funny. My car had a dent in the same place yours currently has body filler on the crown of the hood....probably from people mashing it down from there over the years.

I now just grab the hood catch underneath and use that with some downward force to close the hood., I refuse to touch the body our paint!
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X