No announcement yet.

'Sherrie' my 86 Oxford White CV Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice engine and I am digging the stand it came in on.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
      Beautiful! I see you got carb'd valve covers. I would think that you shouldn't have fitment problems with those on a 8.2 deck. Hope that beast is running and cruising soon
      Just to get it home. The stockers on the car now will go on if they'll fit over the rockers...and the oil fill will fit past the intake. We'll see soon.
      My current thoughts are on which fuel rail to use to properly accommodate the regulator.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Nice engine and I am digging the stand it came in on.
      Thanks. I'll probably add casters to it. The shop delivers all their engines on these.
      All FORD All The Time

Comment

Making a mount for the throttle cable mounting bracket today.
        My original plan was to make one out of 12ga steel that went in between the EGR plate and the TB. Kind of a flat plate with a bent tab that the bracket could bolt to.
        One extra gasket and done.
        That plan changed.
        Today a piece of inch x inch and a quarter x 4 inches extruded is being welded onto the side of the BBK EGR plate. When I get it home and get garage time, I'll put some pix on here for your visual enjoyment.
        All FORD All The Time

Comment

Here's the mock up of the throttle bracket. Seems fine to me.
          Since the white paint got killed from the TIG heat, I think I'm going to make it Corporate Blue.
          Mock up on the bench..
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Bracket mock up.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1289168

Name:	Throttle cable bracket mount 1.jpg
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	1289167

Name:	Throttle cable bracket mount 2.jpg
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1289169

Name:	Throttle cable bracket mount 3.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1289170

Being an extruded piece and a cast piece, it took a BUNCH of amps to get them hot enough. 80 amps was the first try and all it did was melt the filler rod.
          A local woman has been the legend of welders around here and she has a huge Miller.
          130 amps made it melt like butter, and her legendary status remains intact.
          Kathy Haupt in Danville PA.

So that's where I'm at ya'll....
          All FORD All The Time

Comment

Nice!

If I had known how to weld, I wouldn't have had to get a Steeda EGR eliminator bracket to bolt the TB cable bracket to.
            Last edited by packman; 06-11-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

This full-time employment shit is for the birds. Didn't miss a day of work through this 'plandemic', and picked up everyone elses slack.
              Coming out the other end of this mess and seeing the stalled projects and work that now needs to be caught up.
              Hopefully Sherrie can be rolling with a new heart in 2 weeks. FINGERS CROSSED
              All FORD All The Time

Comment

I hear ya! When the pandemic first hit; my hours were cut to 40/week. Found a good amount of time to catch up at home and such; more-so when our office was quarantined for a month. But after that, it's been hard to get time to work on the CV and the other vehicles. All I can say is keep chipping away and don't rush.

Comment

Took a well deserved weeks vacation. Got the motor swap into Sherrie started. Decided to up the fuel pump game too and went with the Aeromotive 11540 pump.
                  Gonna take a hard look at my brake booster and fuel return line while she's wide open...
                  All FORD All The Time

Comment

^^^^^^And so it begins. I didn't intend to do any of that...........until I pulled the lopo and saw a lot of things that needed to be cleaned and replaced.^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                      ^^^^^^And so it begins.....^^^^^^^
                      That's a no-shitter right there man. Initial assessment is optimistic. She was never wrecked and lived in a garage. THANKFULLY.
                      Once this is ironed out and I become semi-fluent in Mega-squirt... I'm going to be looking for someone to replace my padded top.
                      It's lifting on the drivers side edge of the back window.
                      As we all know, fix it now or the car will rot quickly.
                      All FORD All The Time

Comment

A few pix to let ya'll see where this project is at.

Name:	IMG_1157.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1289301
                        Original '86 Lopo out. It's kinda neat to see how much was wrong and how Sherrie just kept going.
                        These really are great cars. Not sure what I'm going to do with this engine. I think for now, it'll go on the little stand and go under the bench where it's safe.

Name:	IMG_1170.jpg
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	1289302
                        Yep. This FS-6 compressor is toast.

Name:	Resized_IMG_1160.jpeg
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	1289303
                        Out with the old, in with the new. We're going from the 150 hp/270 tq to an estimated (low) 350+hp and 410tq.
                        Desktop dyno says peak hp is going to be at 5500 and peak tq at 3300. Thats a nice power under the curve prediction. I hope it's right.!!

Name:	IMG_1199.jpg
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	1289304
                        Dressing the new bullet/heart for Sherrie. I'll be doing the 3G swap over the winter.

Name:	IMG_1165.jpg
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1289305 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1164.jpg
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1289307
                        Normally an O2 sensor here. Gonna put one on the passenger side in the down pipe before the cat. DIY tuning/Megasquirt says you can even put one in the x-pipe. Only 1 is needed.

Name:	IMG_1167.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1289306
                        Stalled for a few days waiting for a 5/8 pulley spacer. No shop near me has anything even close to that so I had to resort to ordering it and waiting. Fluidamper makes one that is plain aluminum and appears to be exactly what I need.

Name:	IMG_1169.jpg
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1289308
                        Got that gigantic oil pressure sender in there. Barely. My cupholder/gauge creation will be telling me the oil pressure and water temp news.

Name:	IMG_1205.jpg
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	1289309
                        At some point in her life, this hose got cut to install a shut off valve. No idea why... it's going away unless ya'll can convince me to keep it..(?)

Name:	IMG_1207.jpg
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	1289310
                        So it's on hold for now until the spacer shows up. The brake booster, the fuel return line, and getting the parts together to make a filtered air intake of some kind are next.
                        I might try an alternative mounting of the stock airbox and flipping the snorkel (or one for a Mustang) under the bumper.
                        I always liked the March performance kit but that price is brutal..https://marchperformance.com/ford-19...kit-p1410.html

So that's where I'm at....
                        All FORD All The Time

Comment

Looking good.

What you are calling a "shut off" looks awfully similar to the factory thermal blower lockout deal. Jump the wires and cap off the vacuum lines and be done with it.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

What you are calling a "shut off" looks awfully similar to the factory thermal blower lockout deal. Jump the wires and cap off the vacuum lines and be done with it.
                            What controls the shut off? I'm just wondering if anything is really won by removing it...

@clutch47
                            -What are you doing with your smog pump? Is it just there as an idler and ballast?
                            -Are you staying with the stock TFI? I spy a TFI module there and wonder if the new fancy engine could benefit from a more powerful ignition system.
                            1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                            1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
                              What controls the shut off? I'm just wondering if anything is really won by removing it...

@clutch47
                              -What are you doing with your smog pump? Is it just there as an idler and ballast?

-Are you staying with the stock TFI? I spy a TFI module there and wonder if the new fancy engine could benefit from a more powerful ignition system.
                              I'm leaving all the smog stuff intact for now. I just want to get her making hot water then we'll see what happens.
                              TFI for now. We'll see how that works.
                              All FORD All The Time

Comment

Looking good.

Might do that. I'm really wanting to keep it as FoMoCo made it..only better.(?)
                                All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
                                X