PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: 69 Mak III project

I post a lot...

Default 69 Mak III project

"X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Bet it’s hard to get parts for.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

fomoco panthers !

I had a 1979 Lincoln MK III. Nice car however it always had some kind of electrical problem. If you loved to work on electrical gremlins, it is a car to get.
    This one in the ad looks like a parts car only. I would not attempt any restoration. There is one here locally for sale in excellent shape for an asking price of $5k.

Mark III's are gangsta!

I've heard the Mark IV is more refined. I think that's the car I'd want, '72 only though.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Hobbit

Isn't that the same car they used in French Connection?

fomoco panthers !

Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    I had a 1979 Lincoln MK III. Nice car however it always had some kind of electrical problem. If you loved to work on electrical gremlins, it is a car to get.
    This one in the ad looks like a parts car only. I would not attempt any restoration. There is one here locally for sale in excellent shape for an asking price of $5k.
    Correction, not 1979 but a 1970 MK III

I post a lot...

I loved those hings in Gold paint.
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/c...909817813.html

If it wasn't for the scoop, I'd love this. I think I do like these more than the Mark III.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

never cared for the IV all that much. The lines are too soft and proportionally it just looks wrong to me. Cars got horrible in the 70s, it was all too big and bloated. They lost the clean lines of the 60s.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

"That's just like, your opinion, man."

I'll concede that I like the Mark III dash better than IV's though.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Everyone is entitled to their incorrect opinions.

dunno, I just have never been a fan of most cars from about 1972 onward. Once they got those big idiotic bumpers and then re-designed the cars to be proportional to same idiotic bumpers it was all over with. Who cares about safety when it doesn't look sexy? I think we should do away with these stupid safety measures, that way I can look cool right up to the point where I die in a pointlessly bloody 3 mph impact.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    I think we should do away with these stupid safety measures, that way I can look cool right up to the point where I die in a pointlessly bloody 3 mph impact.
    I just laughed out loud, enough so that the wife got pissed and told me not to wake up the kids.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    I just laughed out loud, enough so that the wife got pissed and told me not to wake up the kids.
    You been TOLD son!

Yeah... the airbag is completely non-functional in my car and since I think it's the clock spring and safing sensor that need to be replaced, it'll remain a dead system as those parts don't exist any more and like hell if I'm using old used parts for that. Now panthers are more around 20mph bloody death boxes... but still.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.