'09 Air Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'09 Air Suspension

I would like to back to original specification and change springs to air bags. I have new compresor and air bags with clips. Unfortunately I didn't saw conversion from air to spring, I just receive old air bag with solenoids in box. I understand that solenoids should be connect to some tubes - where should I find it? Maybe someone have photos or scheme for it ?
    Last edited by Atropos; 06-10-2019, 08:47 AM.
    '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

The air lines and the connectors are normally found up near the top of the spring area. If yours have been cut you'll just have to hunt for it. The air line runs along the frame rail on the driver's side of the car, the wiring comes out of the trunk.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Here's a marked-up photo I got from a page by the late great 2vmodular dealing with rear shocks (click to enlarge):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Solenoids.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1285458

His yellow arrows show the older location for the rear shock upper mounts, and his red arrows show the location of the rear sway bar mounts. The driver's side solenoid is at the upper right of the bottom yellow arrow, and you can probably figure out the rest from there.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
      mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Next 2 day I will be install new compressor and new air bags. Question - if system is in good condition but it's turn off with switch in trunk, car should stay on this same level after 12 h ? Is there any standard about time with turn off air suspension and holding a level ?
        '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

It should stay at trim height for weeks if things aren't leaky. The car I messed up last year hasn't been started since January and the air suspension is still up.

I believe the system does a final adjustment about 2 hours after the engine is shut off and then stops.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X