Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freecad never finished the transform. Will probably need access to Solidworks to edit this to make it more true to form or just recreate it. As is, it prints pretty well with the skinny legs flat on the print surface. There's a lot of support structure that a flush cut tool is needed to help remove. Printing in nylon would be preferred. ABS seems to work too. glass or carbon fiber reinforced nylon will probably last the longest and be the most durable. Prints on the printer I have access to take about an hour on high quality (0.1mm) and 3 hours on ultra quality (0.05). High qualiity is plenty good.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I've got an orientation fixed version now in the first post. This one will work better on filament printers. 0.1mm quality prints for best results. 0.2mm prints are functional, but not as well defined.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I'm seeing it for the first time. I don't need any clips (currently) but I downloaded Sly's STL file and can chew on it in Solidworks. I think I can model a much cleaner, smaller solid of this thing. Has anyone already beaten me to it?

Comment

Nope. I don't think anyone else has tried. If you do, let me know where you upload it (thingiverse, printables, something else) and I'll link it in the top post.

I do know that the flat version prints well on filament printers with high resolution, but takes a good while to make one. Would take a few days to make a full set.

Comment

Working...
          X