New to CFI and EEC lll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to CFI and EEC lll

Hello Im Carson and Ive got this 1982 lincoln Mark VI, I was wondering what modifications I should make to make the car happier in its current form, nothing to make it "fast" just more reliable, currently its getting not enough air or to much gas and will stall at stop sign, most of the time even if you petal it, it has 83,000 miles fuel filter has been done, not recently, an getting to that, the in tank pump, and plugs. Thank you for your inputs.

Replace the vacuum lines and the timing set. Timing on this is off a crank sensor, but the cam gear has plastic teeth and it doesn't hold up as well as the later steel ones. If it jumps the valves will bend.

Also might be worth removing the EGR valve and making sure its clean under there. If the EGR sticks open a bit it will be prone to stalling at idle.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Im buying vacuum line this weekend, i think the timings ok, i was reading a post from about 9 years made by MattsLincoln, and some one was talking about a cooler, do you know anything about that? Thanks for the recommendations

Comment

If the timing chain has never been changed, it's NOT okay even if it runs correctly now. It could fail at any time and lunch the engine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

There's an old but good expression I haven't seen in a while; "Lunched." LoL.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Some have a cooler between the EGR valve and the intake. If you've got an oval thing with two coolant lines, thats the cooler. Sometimes that also gets packed up with carbon and causes trouble.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I would likely see some pictures of your car. 82 Pucci’s are quite rare.
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I'm still at lunched.
                All FORD All The Time

Comment

I don't eat lunch but take one.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

You're welcome.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ill get some more pictures tommorrow. @tjc78
                      Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 06-21-2019, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	15612141516136473311097227988448.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1285521

Comment

Name:	15612143070544965375130661233130.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1285523
                            Attached Files

Comment

Name:	15612144593957290030324593000762.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1285525
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by 82EmilioPucci; 06-22-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X