Oxygen sensor heater circuit heating me up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oxygen sensor heater circuit heating me up

I own a 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis LS and I've been getting a generic check engine light code p0141 meaning bank 1 sensor 2 O2 heater circuit I replaced the stock one which was old by the way with an ntk 22500 and the code cleared when I cleared it with my code reader only to return short while later then I got a an idea from someone on YouTube to wire a resistor in between the two heater circuit wires in the oxygen sensor and that didn't work either any ideas to fix this heater circuit so I can get rid of this cel thank you for any answers or ideas they would be appreciated

First thing, is there 12 volts on the heater wires at the connector for the o2 sensor?

Comment

I’d inspect the harness for any nicks, burns, or separation on that wire. If it doesn’t have continuity, all the tricks in the world won’t work unfortunately.

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Working...
      X