Electronic stereo deck in car with Premium Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic stereo deck in car with Premium Sound

I have '87 Grand Marquis with Premium Sound (common ground system with amp in trunk and "looping" wiring harness behind the stereo unit). I also have original Ford "Electronic" stereo deck which I want to install in the car. The unit has two connectors (both 8 pins in a row), for power and speakers. Currently, there is an aftermarket Pioneer stereo unit installed in the car by previous owner. I found out that he ran new wiring directly to the speakers and that way bypassed the amp. Will this original unit that I want to install work with the original "Premium Sound" wiring, or should I use those direct wires to connect it up?

Honestly, wiring that was added afterwards is quite messy and I would prefer to get rid of it and put everything back to the original state, if that stereo unit could work without that bypass.

No reason it can't work with the stock wiring. The premium sound and electronic radios are the same, but one says Premium, the other says Electronic. Both will work with the amp in the trunk as long as the wiring is all restored to stock, and the amplifier is in place and working.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thank you. I will then try to get rid of wire spaghetti and restore the wiring back to stock. I didn't look into it in much detail yet, hopefully nothing is permanently damaged.

Comment

Working...
      X