Aftermarket stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket stereo

I just purchased an aftermarket stereo for my 97 Marquis and I got the wiring harnesses that snap into the factory connectors and I hooked up everything according to color and I'm not getting any sound out of the radio I don't know if it's because the head unit is in the trunk but the wiring harnesses should correspond to the new colors on the new radio anybody has any answers or ideas I would appreciate it also how does the antenna hook up on the new unit if there is no cable for the antenna since the antenna is a window antenna

If yours has no antenna cable, it'll be plugged into the stuff in the trunk. There should be a bypass harness that goes in the trunk to eliminate that, and you'll need an antenna extension cable to get the antenna up to the front.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

As for the wire colors... If you're plugging into the factory harnesses with a wiring kit... the colors should line up with the radio's harness and you just need to match that up. Barring color matching, you should have a wiring diagram on the harness kit (or tags/printing on the wires themselves - magnifying glass may be required) and in the radio's manual and then you can match it up that way.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
      X