Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use a tuner to shut off my evap shit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use a tuner to shut off my evap shit?

So on my town car the chip I had burned custom for it shut off my evap system allowing me to gut all that shit. My 2010 Vic has an evap code and I'd like to just disable all that shit and gut it from my car as well. Will a tuner allow me to do that? I've searched to no avail.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Nope. That was killed a few years back when SCT got sued by the government. They're currently hounding HP tuners for the same thing, but HP Tuners has bigger pockets and apparently better lawyers, so it's dragging on longer. You might contact Adam at Core Tuning www.coretuning.net and see if they can help. Doubtful as they don't list 2007+ models as tuneable. Only up to 2006. You may be stuck with fixing it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      Nope. That was killed a few years back when SCT got sued by the government. They're currently hounding HP tuners for the same thing, but HP Tuners has bigger pockets and apparently better lawyers, so it's dragging on longer. You might contact Adam at Core Tuning www.coretuning.net and see if they can help. Doubtful as they don't list 2007+ models as tuneable. Only up to 2006. You may be stuck with fixing it.
      Isn't there a disclaimer that all the tuners have stating that their products are for offroad use only which would avoid the whole emissions thing?

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        Damn. Also, I hate drive by wire. So much rubbish with the evap system.

Comment

or just fix the evap shit. Probably a cracked hose someplace. Need to smoke test it. I think that generation has the box of bullshit right on the bottom of the trunk pan, probably where the issue is. If someone bottomed it out, it may have gotten a rapid unscheduled removal performed.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

"..the box of bullshit.."
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
              Isn't there a disclaimer that all the tuners have stating that their products are for offroad use only which would avoid the whole emissions thing?
              That's what SCT tried to say, but the judge wouldn't have it. HP seems to be having better luck though as they can still tune stuff out as far as I know... because racecars.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                or just fix the evap shit. Probably a cracked hose someplace. Need to smoke test it. I think that generation has the box of bullshit right on the bottom of the trunk pan, probably where the issue is. If someone bottomed it out, it may have gotten a rapid unscheduled removal performed.
                Yeah, I had it all apart and couldn't find anything. I found a thread that showed a screen that clogs but my year doesn't have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                  I think the legal begals went at them with variations of; you can't garantee this will only be used off road, and many of your 'off-road' products are actually being used on road.

Comment

What year is the Town Car? I have old SCT software, might be able to help you out.

Comment

2010 Vic mentioned in the OP.

Comment

Working...
                      X