Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am getting an advert popup on this site. ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am getting an advert popup on this site. ????

For two days now only once per day I am getting an advert popup. So what is the deal?
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

I've always got an adblocker on, so I don't see that stuff.

Perhaps whatever allowed ads for this site are present one of them is going out of its way to be a little too annoying?

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

+1 adblock plus.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It has been my understanding that no ads are implemented which should be doing that.

Can you please grab a screenshot the next time it happens, which shows the URL of the page on GMN you were visiting, and hopefully also the URL of the popup ad?

I've turned both of my adblockers off and will monitor to see if I get anything, myself.

Current driver: Ranger
        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
        | 88 TC | 91 GM
        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

When I looked at this thread the first time, I'm pretty sure my ad blocker icon had a "2" on it, apparently indicating two ads were being blocked on this page. I didn't think much of it at the time, but I'll pay closer attention if I see something like that again while on this site.

Edit: Hehe, the "Active Topics Past 7 days" page on CVN just came up with 14 ads blocked.
          Last edited by IPreferDIY; 06-28-2019, 06:55 PM.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
          mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Originally posted by IPreferDIY View Post
            Edit: Hehe, the "Active Topics Past 7 days" page on CVN just came up with 14 ads blocked.
            You can blame that on the mangled management by VerticalScope. I'm surprised they haven't tried rolling CVN off of UBBThreads and onto their typical corporate garbage forum setup they've done to so many other communities they purchased, but I'm sure they'd jack that up like they did when they tried migrating the server stuff to cloud hosting. Took months to fix and a now a running joke anytime they plan on doing anything.

However considering I'm here and there, I like both of the board setups and would rather not see a major shake up in the design. The extra modern styles of other places are meh/unintuitive to navigate.

My Cars:
            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

from the ublock logger

URLhttps://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif

thats the only thing that its telling me is blocked
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My ad blocker says 0. I'll start keeping an eye on it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  from the ublock logger

URLhttps://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif

thats the only thing that its telling me is blocked
                  Same hits on my end.

My Cars:

Comment

Just prior to writing this, I noticed two ads blocked in the WAYWO thread, eight (probably while previewing a post) and then two (after posting) in my exhaust thread, two in the "Forum" page, and two in this thread. I have AdBlocker Ultimate and don't see a way of seeing what is being blocked.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

I'm still not seeing anything. Weird.

Comment

Working...
                      X