PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: I am getting an advert popup on this site. ????

I post a lot...

Default I am getting an advert popup on this site. ????

For two days now only once per day I am getting an advert popup. So what is the deal?
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

I've always got an adblocker on, so I don't see that stuff.

Perhaps whatever allowed ads for this site are present one of them is going out of its way to be a little too annoying?

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 POTM Winner
    -1989 Sable LS Wagon (88,710 Miles) - Sold
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (210K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

+1 adblock plus.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

all the CFI are belong to me

It has been my understanding that no ads are implemented which should be doing that.

Can you please grab a screenshot the next time it happens, which shows the URL of the page on GMN you were visiting, and hopefully also the URL of the popup ad?

I've turned both of my adblockers off and will monitor to see if I get anything, myself.

83 GM 2dr | 84 TC POTM 1/2017 & 4/2019 | 85 CS | 85 Ranger | 91 GM POTM 12/2017 | Junkyards

No mean-spiritedness here. IPreferDIY's Avatar

When I looked at this thread the first time, I'm pretty sure my ad blocker icon had a "2" on it, apparently indicating two ads were being blocked on this page. I didn't think much of it at the time, but I'll pay closer attention if I see something like that again while on this site.

Edit: Hehe, the "Active Topics Past 7 days" page on CVN just came up with 14 ads blocked.
    Last edited by IPreferDIY; 06-28-2019 at 06:55 PM.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box "tuba" (in place of the "trumpet"), headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, NKL4 PCM (from a 2000 CVPI, nothing great there apart from highway cruising), KYB Gas-A-Just shocks (after >202,000 km on originals)

Quote Originally Posted by IPreferDIY View Post
    Edit: Hehe, the "Active Topics Past 7 days" page on CVN just came up with 14 ads blocked.
    You can blame that on the mangled management by VerticalScope. I'm surprised they haven't tried rolling CVN off of UBBThreads and onto their typical corporate garbage forum setup they've done to so many other communities they purchased, but I'm sure they'd jack that up like they did when they tried migrating the server stuff to cloud hosting. Took months to fix and a now a running joke anytime they plan on doing anything.

However considering I'm here and there, I like both of the board setups and would rather not see a major shake up in the design. The extra modern styles of other places are meh/unintuitive to navigate.

My Cars:
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (210K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

from the ublock logger

URLhttps://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif

thats the only thing that its telling me is blocked

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

My ad blocker says 0. I'll start keeping an eye on it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    from the ublock logger

URLhttps://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif

thats the only thing that its telling me is blocked
    Same hits on my end.

My Cars:

No mean-spiritedness here. IPreferDIY's Avatar

Just prior to writing this, I noticed two ads blocked in the WAYWO thread, eight (probably while previewing a post) and then two (after posting) in my exhaust thread, two in the "Forum" page, and two in this thread. I have AdBlocker Ultimate and don't see a way of seeing what is being blocked.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box "tuba" (in place of the "trumpet"), headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, NKL4 PCM (from a 2000 CVPI, nothing great there apart from highway cruising), KYB Gas-A-Just shocks (after >202,000 km on originals)

I'm still not seeing anything. Weird.