Door won't (un)lock by door button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door won't (un)lock by door button

I have installed aftermarket remote locking mechanism in my '87 Grand Marquis. It is compatible with reverse polarity lock system and I wired it according to instructions provided with it. Locking and unlocking the door using remote keyfob works fine, so does trunk popper. But the buttons on the driver and passenger door stopped working. When the remote control unit is disconnected, door buttons work fine.

Any ideas what could cause this? I assume I wired it wrong somehow. The wiring info at https://www.the12volt.com/installbay...tail/1476.html shows lock/unlock wires as pink/yellow and pink located in driver's kick panel. I could not find any purely pink wire. Driver's (un)lock button controls the locking via pink/yellow and pink/green wires (located near the driver's door in a connector near the parking brake pedal) so I wired the remote control unit's lock/unlock wires to them. Is there any other place where should I tap the wires instead?

Could you post a pic of the aftermarket control wiring diagram?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Here's the diagram: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1Xg6mp...dq6zDnVXam.jpg

I identified the reverse polarity locking system as Figure D and wired it that way, but this may be the point where I made a mistake.

Comment

Solved. I have compared the wiring diagram with other diagrams/installation instructions for some another universal aftermarket remotes that I googled. Reverse polarity system actually corresponds to Figure E. I rewired it according to it and everything works like a charm. Pink/yellow and pink/green colored wires were the right ones.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X