Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjustable Electronic Flasher Question plus funny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjustable Electronic Flasher Question plus funny?

I am looking to solve a problem with my leds in the Marauder . Couple of regular Eflashers will not work as they need more current to function. Here is a link to the details in that thread.
    http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ith-LCM-bypass

There is available an adjustable relay seemingly oriental in origin.

1) Would this be likely to solve my issue and avoid resistors?
    2) I am currently using a 2 pin flasher. I think I can just ignore the 3rd pin?
    3) There are 2 models CF13 & CF 14. I don't know what this means and having crap luck on internet search to explain the difference. I am currently using a regular old fashioned icebox relay socket.
    4) Also WTH is "About dodges three times"?

3Pin Adjustable Flasher
    https://www.amazon.com/TOMALL-Adjust...-1-spons&psc=1
    Last edited by jaywish; 07-02-2019, 03:13 PM.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Actually I don't think my info was good on the 3 pin flashers. They apparently are triggered by providing ground. This is unnecessary with the 2 pin units. Still want to know WTF "About dodges three times"

There are however 2 pin adjustable relays.

Like this https://www.amazon.com/QUhang-Motorc...motive&sr=1-12
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

That two pin actually does work, I have a couple here that I was experimenting with, got mine on ebay for a couple bucks, exact same as the amazon one down to the silver lettering.

Are you all LED, or do you still have conventional bulbs on one end? If you got one end still conventional, a tridon electronic flasher (often refered to as the electronic heavy duty flasher) will flash with a single conventional lamp in circuit.

Alex.

Comment

I went all LED. If you look at the other thread I found there are two pin flashers that require only a very low Amp draw to work. Most at a 0.2Amp minimum. So that is less than 2 of my LED bulbs. Meaning should work with any setup with at lest one one each corner. I ordered one. Should be fine with my 3 bulb setup.
        Most have an extra ground wire, not an extra pin.

Does the one I posted above click?
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

I have one of these for the sequential lights on the front of the wagon, it slows down the flash so that all 3 lights will illuminate. The standard timing on a regular electronic flasher is just a bit too fast.
          KeepItClean no load adjustable flasher

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
          1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Sequential?
            Light under high beam, Light under low beam, turn signal ?
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
              Sequential?
              Light under high beam, Light under low beam, turn signal ?
              https://youtu.be/W3GFSPTixUQ

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
              1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Yup very cool.
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I don’t know why but my head blew off seeing that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Proper light bulbs and thermal bi-metal flashers are your friend.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ludlight
                        02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

indeed, but they work without any nonsense. They also make the proper noises.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Incandescent is certainly tried and true. They are certainly much simpler (a rare virtue these days). I can't even find a LED dimmer & bulb combo that meets my specs for regular home lighting. "Full" dimming down to candlelight level, a locator/illuminated switch, No light burst when switched on. Then 4th (reaching for Mars here) Electronic Multi-location dimming that meets the previous 3 specs.

Yet I really like the Marauder running LEDs. Would I do another LCM car, Yes if I liked the car. Would I do a pre LCM car, You Bet, swap in a low current trigger flasher, or two as necessary, and enjoy. A four beam headlight car, Do it if can afford the H1 & H4 housings. I didn't have LED headlights on the 89 but, as much as anyone can say something theoretical is a fact, I would go LED if I did not have new H1 & H4 Bulbs in place and currently owned a 4 beam car.
                            Last edited by jaywish; 07-05-2019, 03:26 PM.
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

There's a write up on bypassing the LCM and using electronic flashers to control LED turn signals on crownvic.net. It is basically isolating the turn/hazard wiring and putting them to electronic flashers and adding a ground. It's more or less the same thing that you would do on boxes. except on a box you don't have to modify the cars wiring to achieve your goal.

Comment

Working...
                              X